Who we are
We are building Helsing to keep our democracies from harm. We believe that software – and artificial intelligence in particular – will be the key capability to do just that. Our mission is to attract Europe’s best mission-driven tech talent and apply their capabilities to some of the most complex problems in defence technology.
We are looking for people with their heart in the right place, who share our conviction that our democratic values are worth protecting, for ourselves and for future generations. We are a diverse team of software engineers, deep learning specialists and customer-facing programme managers, working on some of the most challenging problems in the defence space.
We care about our work and mission, and we welcome open and transparent discussions about the use of AI, its benefits and its ethical implications.
As Senior Commercial Manager for Helsing UK, you will play a key role in successfully taking our industry leading products to market with both defence partners and military customers. Working across our Programmes & Partnerships team, you will develop commercial strategies in support of our product roadmap and help deliver them thereafter. This is an exciting opportunity for you to help build an important new AI led defence company which will help redefine military capability.
What you will work on
- Developing commercial strategies in support of our programme strategies.
- Supporting the bid process; developing robust and realistic commercial models and pricing strategies.
- Supporting commercial negotiations.
- Building business cases for new opportunities and innovative projects, researching new clients and markets.
- Cost analysis to improve bid development and forecasting accuracy.
- Contract management in support of our programmes and partnerships team.
- Implementation of contract reporting.
Who we are looking for
Note: The following bullet points describe one version of our dream candidate. We very much encourage you to apply even if you believe you meet only part of our wish list.
- Commercial acumen and practical understanding of defence/government contracting from either the customer or supply chain perspective (ideally both).
- Understanding of software product contracts and licensing.
- Ability to work across and support all aspects of commercial activity – strategy, bids, procurement, and contract management.
- Capable of informing, driving, and influencing the successful submission of bids and proposals.
- Strong financial modelling skills – ability to analyse and present findings to support and initiate new business development ideas.
- Strong problem solving and project management skills.
- Proven experience of managing successful contract performance.
- The ability to work collaboratively across a small, but rapidly growing, team.
- Fluent written English.
- Professional membership of an appropriate body (IACCM/CIPS/RICs etc).
This position requires the successful applicant to apply for and be granted UK security clearance at SC level and potentially other NATO security clearances.
- There is no other company like Helsing: we are at a pivotal stage in our journey, with a unique level of funding, and a unique level of ambition
- Work alongside and learn from world-class AI researchers, software engineers and domain experts. Our team combines excellence with dedication to our mission
- Be part of, and build, the foundational culture of the most important deep-tech company in Europe
- Have an enormous impact on some of the most important geopolitical problems, with an ethics-first approach. We regularly host company-wide fireside chats on key global issues and ethics debates
- Be part of a transparent, friendly and outcome-driven culture where trust, respect, recognition and autonomy are at the forefront of everything that we do
What we offer
- The chance to work in an innovative organisation focused on protecting our democracies and future generations.
- The opportunity to drive impact in a fast-growing company with mission-orientated colleagues.
- Diverse, collaborative and focused teams located in Munich, Berlin, London and Paris.
- Flexible working hours.
- Supportive team structures and regular feedback.
- Regular company events to bring together all staff as one unit across Europe.
- Competitive compensation and stock options.
Helsing is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or gender identity. Please do not submit personal data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, data concerning your health, or data concerning your sexual orientation.
Helsing's Candidate Privacy and Confidentiality Regime can be found here.