Who we are
At Heritage, we are dedicated to being at the forefront of the alternative investment industry by creating a next-generation fund that combines traditional investment sourcing and evaluation strategies with proprietary technology solutions and data-driven approaches.
Our mission is to connect elite families and entrepreneurs globally with carefully vetted top-performing private market opportunities, leveraging our digital products to make the alternative investment market more accessible, efficient, and connected. Furthermore, we embrace the principles of "skin in the game" as we co-invest with our partners, and "innovation" as we work to create lasting value through continually advancing the investment sector.
Our team comprises of a diverse international group of individuals from leading organizations and with diverse backgrounds, including private equity, venture capital, banking, software development, law, and entrepreneurship. We are committed to attracting top-notch talent and providing opportunities for growth and development based on their individual strengths and interests
Your role as Legal Intern
As a member of our Legal team, you will be part of a top-level and international environment where we believe in our interns and support them in their journey of professional growth. As you contribute to key projects, we make sure to give you all the tools and knowledge during your internship for you to become a highly skilled professional.
Some of the daily tasks include:
- Assisting the Legal team in preparing legal documentation for the fundraising and investing process of the fund (e.g. LPAs, subscription agreements, welcome letters, GP acceptance letters)
- Carrying out legal research and monitoring amendments to laws and regulations
- Assisting in compliance, marketing, tax, and regulatory activities in Europe, UK and US
- Supporting the team in handling KYC/AML requests from AIFM, banks, or counterparts by the applicable regulations
- Reviewing subscription agreements, contracts and KYC documents for new investors and following up on KYC missing information
What we are looking for....
… You with a proactive attitude, fast-learning mindset, high level of accuracy, desire to learn, and highly motivated to work as a team
Ideally, you have:
- Strong academic track record with an educational background in Law
- Academic or professional experience outside of Italy
- Jurisdiction knowledge of one or more European Union countries
- Strong analytical ability and business judgment
- Fluency in English
Would be considered a plus if you have, but not a hard requirement:
- Prior experience in a legal department that has been working closely with funds or other relevant fields such as PE, VC, M&A, etc.
- Experience/education in finance, business administration, KYC / AML, or investment funds
What we offer
- 6-month internship starting from the beginning of September 2023, where you can take full ownership of what you do while working and collaborating with our dynamic, international and stellar team
- Open-space office in the heart of Milan
- Make you grow to a well-rounded professional
- Stay flexible - we adopt a hybrid working model
The hiring process at Heritage includes the following stages:
- CV screening: We review your application and qualifications to ensure that you meet the minimum requirements for the role.
- Screening assessment: We conduct a screening assessment to determine your suitability for the position.
- First round interview: We schedule a call to give you an opportunity to learn more about Heritage and the role, as well as ask any questions you may have.
- Team interview(s): You will have an opportunity to interview with members of our team to learn more about the role and how you would fit into our organization.
- Logic & Attitude assessment: You will be assessed on your logical thinking, problem-solving skills, and attitude towards the role and our company.
- Final discussion: We will have a final discussion to review your qualifications and assess your suitability for the role.
- Offer: If you are selected for the role, you will be offered a position with Heritage.
At Heritage, we have a diverse team of individuals from 15+ nationalities and we conduct all communication in English. We are committed to equal opportunity and strive to eliminate any potential biases in the hiring process by utilizing a Hiring Committee for all decisions.