Heroes is a technology-driven e-commerce company that acquires, operates, and scales small and medium-sized brands with category-winning products on global marketplaces. We focus on Amazon FBA brands with outstanding customer reviews and a proven track record of leading bestseller lists in high-growth niches.
Built by a team with a background in investment banking, venture capital and D2C eCommerce we have the right experience to build and grow outstanding brands on Amazon and beyond.
We have raised the largest European pre-seed investment round in 2020 from investors to the tune of $65 million. We’re growing rapidly month-on-month and expanding rapidly. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a high-growth start-up.
As a (Junior) Merchandiser for Heroes you will research, select and purchase quality products and materials. Build relationships with suppliers and negotiate with them for the best pricing. Process requisitions and update supply chain colleagues on the status of orders.
- Assist with the search of qualified suppliers across several categories
- Negotiate with vendors / factories to meet Heroes’ cost and quality requirements
- Work closely with the quality management team to ensure all products are compliant to global regulations
- Place and progress purchase orders and buying contracts
- Liaise with suppliers to ensure orders are raised and delivered as per the Heroes’ requirements using our Prokuria software
- Work closely with supply chain colleagues and suppliers to ensure all delivery deadlines are met to ensure stock outs are minimized
- Managing key production milestones to ensure deadlines are met
- Maintain and update our supplier management software
- Maintain and update product reference data
- Maintain strong business relationships with vendors / factories to ensure continuous supplier development, including resolving issues of poor performance
- Arrange samples, evaluate, write reports and arrange sample submission to for final approval
- Work closely with the branding team to ensure all artwork is up-to-date
- Maintain an open communication within team as well as with cross functional departments
- Perform other ad hoc duties as needed
- Higher Diploma or above
- Knowledge of EU/US compliance would definitely be a plus
- Previous buying/merchandising experience in consumer goods and retail
- Have strong 'multi-tasking' abilities, and with solution mindset
- Able to work independently, cope with fast pace environment and well-organized
- Good Excel skills essential
- Experience working with GSuite office software and Oracle Netsuite and advantage
- Good command of both spoken & written English
- Good spoken and written Mandarin an advantage
Heroes is an equal opportunity employer and we are looking to build a diverse, inclusive team. We hire based purely on business need, skillset & competence and do not consider age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnerships when making hiring decisions.