Heroes is a technology-driven e-commerce company that acquires, operates, and scales small and medium-sized brands with category-winning products on global marketplaces. We focus on Amazon FBA brands with outstanding customer reviews and a proven track record of leading bestseller lists in high-growth niches.
Built by a team with a background in investment banking, venture capital and D2C eCommerce we have the right experience to build and grow outstanding brands on Amazon and beyond.
We have raised the largest European pre-seed investment round in 2020 from investors to the tune of $65 million. We’re growing rapidly month-on-month and expanding rapidly. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a high-growth start-up.
As a key member of the rapidly expanding Finance team, you will be working very closely with the Supply Chain team to design and independently manage the full process from purchase order raising, supplier, shipping and warehousing payments to import VAT obligations, as well as accurate accounting thereof. The role plays a pivotal role in ensuring that product costs of our portfolio brands are accurately assigned to the correct cost centres and accounted for in our ERP.
- Ensure timely payments of supplier, shipping and warehousing invoices.
- Management of Accounting and ERP system in relation to supply chain, including inventory and fully-landed COGS recognition.
- Oversight of import VAT and duty obligations and recovery.
- Balance sheet and cash reconciliations as well as working capital tracking and management accounts for our portfolio brands.
- Build and design scalable processes and metrics by working with functional leaders.
- Collaborate with the Accounting and Supply Chain team on the monthly close process.
- Analysis and due diligence of acquisition targets in relation to supply chain, inventory and fully-landed COGS as part of the M&A investment process.
- Accounting related undergraduate degree or training in an international accounting firm and /or experience in an in-house finance department with focus on supply chain.
- Strong understanding of accounting principles especially around inventory and cost of goods sold recognition and processes such as PO creation through to bank reconciliations.
- Knowledge of and experience with international import VAT and duty obligations
- Advanced proficiency in Excel and experience in financial modeling, experience with ERP system (NetSuite) and knowledge of SQL is a plus
- Organised with good attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate clearly, effectively and appropriately with colleagues at all levels.
- Willing to adapt and pick up new techniques and technologies.
- Able to prioritise and multitask in a fast paced environment.
Heroes is an equal opportunity employer and we are looking to build a diverse, inclusive team. We hire based purely on business need, skillset & competence and do not consider age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnerships when making hiring decisions.