This is an exciting opportunity to take ownership of the Group’s indirect tax function and to develop and implement the VAT controls and processes for the Heroes Group of companies. The role reports to the Group Head of Tax & Financial Strategy.
- Full ownership and responsibility for the Group’s indirect tax compliance obligations, working with third party compliance providers to ensure timely and accurate filing of our indirect tax returns.
- Management of our indirect tax payments and establishing processes to ensure full recovery of VAT on expenses and imports.
- Management of indirect tax registrations across the various jurisdictions in which Heroes operates. This will involve researching and understanding VAT (or equivalent sales tax) registration requirements globally, working with external advisors and liaising with local tax authorities.
- Working closely with our outsourced indirect tax compliance and advisory providers and actively managing the SLA’s of the outsourced partner.
- Assist with tax technology implementations and automations with our ERP and IT systems, to drive efficiency and improve end-to-end indirect tax compliance processes and controls.
- Provide technical system and process training to various other departments within Heroes, including Accounting, Supply Chain, and Data, regarding considerations that will impact the tax function and the overall efficiency of the Heroes Finance function.
- Respond to queries, including technical system related issues, and provide advice to other parts of the business to resolve issues related to VAT (or equivalent) on sales, VAT (or equivalent) on purchases in the various jurisdictions and US sales & use tax.
- Assist in correspondence with local tax authorities, including coordinating responses on compliance and audit enquiries.
- Participate in the tax due diligence process on business acquisitions and supporting the Finance integration manager on all indirect tax aspects of acquisition and integration.
- Advice on customs and international trade in line with UK legislation and other local tax jurisdiction rules working closely with the Supply Chain team.