What Is The Job?
The Senior Solutions Engineer will be an advocate of HiveMQ team culture and have your active part in bringing our company and team to the next level. There has never been a better time to join our team as the company scales to new heights! This position will be responsible for providing pre-sales technical thought leadership and hands-on engagement on how HiveMQ’s technology can help in the development and implementation of our customer’s digital initiatives across North America. Daily responsibilities include:
- Be the first US-based solutions engineer supporting our team of Account Executives
- Create and present technical demonstrations regarding all aspects of company products
- Focus on delivering business value, closely partnering with sales executives in assessing customer needs
- Prepare detailed product presentations based on the individual customer case
- Implement detailed customer installation requirements and provide follow-up support
- Provide technical information to service personnel, company sales representatives, and customer’s employees
- Advance business opportunities, ensuring any technical concerns and questions are addressed to ensure success in the sales cycle
- Act as the middleman between sales, product development and post sales and you feel confident to take ownership
- Mentor future SE’s on processes, demo calls, and overall understanding of tech stack
What Do We Need?
We need a motivated Senior Solutions Engineer to join HiveMQ. Some experience and traits that would identify the ideal candidate are:
- Minimum of 5 years in a pre-sales environment including hands-on building of proof-of-concepts, conducting design and architecture workshops, and doing hands-on demos at meet-ups
- Technical aptitude in at least one or more of the following areas: application integration, MQTT, IOT, microservices architecture, DevOps, messaging, open source stack, cloud ecosystems
- Articulate the value of HiveMQ solutions
- Perform thorough analysis of customer requirements
- Demonstrate product features and benefits
- Contribute and conduct technical POCs and RFI/RFPs
- Speak at Industry Events, Meet-ups, and Workshops
- Knowledge of Linux, Docker, Kubernetes, Cloud Platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Development experience in Java, MQTT
- Strong communication skills in English (Spanish would be a plus!)
What Do You Get?
- Opportunity to be the first US-based person in this role
- Part of global team
- Fully-remote culture with frequent fun, virtual events
- Competitive salary package
- International travel multiple times per year
- New Apple laptop, iPhone, and full work-from-home tech setup
- 20 days of PTO a year
- Inclusive company culture and outstanding co-workers
Does this role sound like you? Then please apply!
Don’t meet every requirement listed? Research trends show that women or people of underrepresented groups tend not to apply for jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At HiveMQ, we know that diverse teams produce better results, so if your experience isn’t exactly what we listed above but you’re interested in this role, we’d love for you to apply!
We’re intentionally building an inclusive environment where HiveMQers feel welcomed, valued, and heard. HiveMQ is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.