Grow with HiveMQ as we lead IoT messaging and connectivity
We are a fast-growing tech start-up looking to add to our team of innovative and motivated people. HiveMQ is a messaging platform for reliable, secure and scalable data movement to and from connected IoT devices. Our vision is a connected world where people and companies can unleash their full potential. Our flagship product, the HiveMQ MQTT broker, is used by over 130 customers to develop new connected products, improve efficiencies, and drive down costs.
HiveMQ originated in Landshut, Germany, and has grown into a global, remote-first company. The last time we counted, we spoke 32 languages within HiveMQ. Join us as we work to contribute to the fast moving development of the IoT ecosystem and help companies enable mission critical use cases like connected cars, logistics, Industry 4.0 and connected IoT products.
HiveMQ’s Vision for this role
As a part of our Support team at HiveMQ in the role of Senior Customer Support Engineer, your primary goal is to independently solve questions and problems for our customers quickly and efficiently in order to ensure a smooth customer experience.
- Support different, larger customers during escalation processes in a leading role.
- Be actively involved in evaluating and possibly improving existing processes.
- Provide hands-on support to our key-customers in order to help them overcome technical challenges.
- Be directly involved in enabling innovation for companies using cutting-edge technologies.
- Be the first point of contact and process requests from existing and prospective customers through multiple channels.
- Work in close cooperation with our quality assurance, test, and developer teams.
- Proactively improve our products and documentation.
- Independently acquire the technical know-how to understand the typical challenges of our customers step by step and are in constant exchange with the HiveMQ core developer team.
- Occasionally be on-call, in line with our shift work routine
- Stay calm and friendly, even if our customers confront you with an elevated stress level.
- Be dedicated to providing exceptional customer support to HiveMQ customers and are always willing to go the extra mile.
- A passion for identifying and solving complex problems
- A friendly demeanour and you are confident in person and via phone or email
- The ability to adapt to constant development and mastering new technologies
- A self starter attitude and you are able to work independently
- At least 5 years’ experience in technical support in the field of information technology
- Experience in leading communications during a customer escalation
- Basic knowledge of object oriented programming
- Solid understanding of network technologies
- Knowledge of Linux systems
- Experience with container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Willingness to fully understand all aspects of HiveMQ technology and services
- Willingness to support HiveMQ customers on site or through on-call support (separate compensation)
- Java programming experience
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Distributed systems knowledge
EXCERPT FROM OUR CUSTOMER LIST
Informations about our job advertisements
Job advertisements of HiveMQ GmbH are always directed at female, male and various applicants, regardless of age, gender, religion, sexual identity, disability, race, ethnic origin, world view, etc. The selection of a candidate is exclusively based on qualifications. For organisational reasons, we cannot return application documents and cannot reimburse any expenses that you incur during the application process.