Grow with HiveMQ as we lead IoT messaging and connectivity
We are a fast-growing tech start-up looking to add to our team of innovative and motivated people. HiveMQ is a messaging platform for reliable, secure and scalable data movement to and from connected IoT devices. Our vision is a connected world where people and companies can unleash their full potential. Our flagship product, the HiveMQ MQTT broker, is used by over 130 customers to develop new connected products, improve efficiencies, and drive down costs.
HiveMQ originated in Landshut, Germany, and has grown into a global, remote-first company. The last time we counted, we spoke 32 languages within HiveMQ. Join us as we work to contribute to the fast moving development of the IoT ecosystem and help companies enable mission critical use cases like connected cars, logistics, Industry 4.0 and connected IoT products.
HiveMQ’s Vision for this role
HiveMQ builds the nervous system of the interconnected world.
The HiveMQ Cloud team architects, implements and operates the HiveMQ Cloud platform and provides manifold HiveMQ Cloud Dedicated and Pay-As-You-Go plans for our customers as fully managed Software-as-a-Service offerings.
We build and run everything to give our customers the power to connect millions of devices for thousands of users and all their critical connected use cases.
At HiveMQ we value top-notch, excellent technology and set the bar high for our engineering and operations standards.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Web/UX Engineer to work on our customer facing Cloud Portal and upcoming new services and offerings. This includes designing, implementing, optimizing, refactoring and maintaining designs and frontend code for new and existing features, prototyping screens and flow for new ideas, design new and improve existing user flows, extend our visual style and related components and to deliver a stunning user experience to assure our high standards and prepare for the lift to the next level.
The HiveMQ Cloud team usually operates within European work hours.
- Learn everything about MQTT, distributed systems, IoT (theory, applications, best practices) and large scale cloud software-as-a-service offerings,
- Work with the HiveMQ Cloud team to deliver outstanding services to our users,
- Design, grow, optimize and maintain our HiveMQ Cloud customer portal and Cloud frontends,
- Develop a comprehensive and stunning visual experience for existing and new features
- Focus on attractive user interfaces, perfect user experience and improve the customer journey and user flow,
- Build, maintain and refactor existing frontend code bases to optimize visual appearance, accessibility and rendering speed,
- Work with Product Managers and Product Designers to envision and create an awesome customer experience for our offerings,
- Live a culture of teamwork, quality, growth, drive to action and excellence,
- Contribute to the overall developer experience, code quality and engineering vision of HiveMQ
- Strong web design and web development background (5+ years) and profound experience in designing and growing modern web front-ends and user flows,
- Excellent Knowledge about UI concepts, UI frameworks, UX approaches, design principles, web design and color models,
- Experience with Frontend Component-Testing (e.g. Cypress, Selenium),
- High standards on solving problems with excellent code, peer reviews, SCM (GitHub) and continuous integration,
- Solid Experience with A/B-Testing and related tools (e.g. Posthog),
- Experience with modern web frameworks (vue.js, React) and reactive state management systems (e.g. Pinia, Vuex or similar) as well as good understanding of build tools (vite, esbuild, webpack or similar) is a big plus.
- Experience with PhotoShop, Illustrator, Axure and/or similar graphics and prototyping tools,
- Experience with Product-Led-Growth is a further big plus,
- A systematic but pragmatic approach paired with a high sense of ownership and take pride in the work you accomplish as a team
- A good understanding how agile product engineering using Kanban in a self-organized team works
- Excellent communication skills and an outstanding work ethic
EXCERPT FROM OUR CUSTOMER LIST
Informations about our job advertisements
Job advertisements of HiveMQ GmbH are always directed at female, male and various applicants, regardless of age, gender, religion, sexual identity, disability, race, ethnic origin, world view, etc. The selection of a candidate is exclusively based on qualifications. For organisational reasons, we cannot return application documents and cannot reimburse any expenses that you incur during the application process.