Hugo is a vibrant start-up with a strong track record of success that is building the Future-of-Work through offshoring. We provide customizable solutions and a hybrid delivery model designed to minimize disruption risk, drive efficiency, and deliver more predictable outcomes for our clients. We specialize in AI operations and omnichannel customer support. Our client list includes Fortune 500 companies, and a wide range of dynamic start-ups across FinTech, EdTech, and E-commerce.
Hugo is looking for an exceptionally qualified/ part qualified accountant to join the finance team. He/She would be responsible for mainly the AR processes and payroll function but would have the opportunity to rotate through the other finance arms for an all rounded experience.
He /She would be responsible for the day to day AR function, monthly payroll process as well as interfacing with other non-finance stakeholders across various departments. The role entails but is not limited to providing accurate, detailed analysis and commentary for reporting purposes, ownership of various AR control accounts and expense heads.
The job holder will undertake a wide range of Finance tasks within the financial management value chain and act as the main point of contact for finance related issues.
Manage Payroll / Receivables Operations:
- Act as change agent to spearhead innovative ideas that will improve finance processes and ensure efficiencies
- Preparing payroll inputs and outputs as well as staff benefit
- Preparing and monitor Intercompany reconciliation and statements issuance
- Control accounts reconciliation
- Preparation and processing of customer invoices
- Processing of accounting journals, payment voucher and receipt voucher
- Processing/ posting of all financial transactions to ensure timely closing of ledger and control accounts
- Preparation, processing and timely filing of all statutory returns with all relevant tax regulators e.g. VAT, WHT , NSITF , ITF , PAYE , CIT
- Assist in preparation of budget and forecasts as well as monitoring actual performance against target
- Be up to date with all relevant laws and regulations on Nigerian Taxation
- Continuously improve processes, systems and ways of working to drive overall efficiency in all areas
- Provide ad-hoc support to Finance Manager as required (i.e. special projects)
- Maintain best practice and standards in accounting processing.
- Part qualified/ qualified chartered accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- 3 - 5 years of experience working in an accounts team/function.
- Advanced proficiency in the use of MS Excel or Google Sheets
- Intermediate knowledge of Google Workspace, Slack etc or Intermediate working knowledge of
- Microsoft Office programmes; Outlook, Word, Powerpoint
- Demonstrable evidence of interpreting & manipulating data clearly and accurately with the ability
- to extract & clearly articulate key points.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Confidentiality and absolute discretion always expected
- Helpful and solution-oriented
- Operates with a high level of accountability.
- Trainee / Mentee qualities
What we offer
- A competitive compensation package
- A high-performance, high-energy work environment
- An amazing opportunity to work with a diverse and talented global team
- Large-scale, measurable impact