Hugo is a Future-of-Work company. We build and manage remote teams in West Africa for some of the world’s largest technology and media companies. We specialize in end-to-end machine learning data annotation and customer support solutions that ultimately yield more inclusive outcomes for our clients and their customers.
Our “Why?” is simple. Outsourcing generates over $430 Billion USD in revenue globally and less than 2% of that money reaches black communities. We’re changing that.
As a company, we’re obsessed with excellence. We ask smart questions to build a thorough understanding of our customer's needs; then pour ourselves into delivering not just great work, but also a perfect user experience so that we stand out in what is a very crowded market.
The only commitment greater than the one we have to our customers is the one we have to our people. We are dedicated to carving out a place in the digital economy for young Africans, so we work tirelessly to equip them with the skills needed to build meaningful careers.
As a culture, we’re Silicon Valley meets ECOWAS. We’re youthful, sharp, dynamic and fresh. We’re Lagos and Dakar, in English et en français, and we’re on a mission to win for our communities and our clients. Join us!
Hugo is seeking an experienced, highly-analytical Group Strategic Finance Manager to provide our management team and investors with insights into the company’s financial performance. In this role your primary objective will be to ensure that the company is developing a scalable approach to budgeting, long-term cost planning and financial analytics capabilities.
- Design and oversee company-wide operational and management reporting;
- Work cross-functionally with all major C-Level executives to build and track departmental budgets
- Work closely with the Operations team to forecast production headcount and expenses as our products grow in complexity and size.
- Establish and oversee a company-wide financial planning and budgeting process.
- Partner closely with the accounting team to ensure deep understanding of financials and deliver accurate financial reporting.
- Analyze expenses and monthly actuals to ensure accuracy and perform variance analyses to ensure financial performance of the business.
- Create and build models and in-depth analyses to:
- Develop and deliver Working capital requirements based on budget.
- Provide insights based on customized applicable cost optimization models.
- Facilitate ad-hoc and cross-functional strategic and operational projects and execute on strategic projects independently and with Business leaders.
- 10+ years of experience working in an FP&A, investment banking, or consulting role.
- Advanced proficiency in financial modeling and analysis.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to go deep into the details, then compile key information for business stakeholders.
- Ability to synthesize and simplify both financial and non-financial information to derive insights.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills with the ability to establish relationships across a diverse set of stakeholders.
- Proven experience in building processes from scratch.
- Perfectionist at heart
- Solution-oriented, with a strong bias to action
- Operates with a high level of accountability
What We Offer
- A competitive compensation and benefits package.
- A business model that makes sense for Africa. Hugo provides clear value to both our clients and the people we employ; we are insulated from local currency fluctuations; and we are growing.
- Opportunity to apply corporate finance experience in a fast-growing entrepreneurial environment.
- A high-caliber, fun team committed to the continent.
- Opportunity to have a large-scale impact.