Hugo is a vibrant start-up with a strong track record of success that is building the Future-of-Work through offshoring. We provide customizable solutions and a hybrid delivery model designed to minimize disruption risk, drive efficiency, and deliver more predictable outcomes for our clients. We specialize in AI operations and omnichannel customer support. Our client list includes Fortune 500 companies, and a wide range of dynamic start-ups across FinTech, EdTech, and E-commerce.
Hugo is seeking a highly-structured, hands-on, Head of Talent to support the executive team in building a top-tier talent attraction and employer branding strategy on par with global standards. This role will be responsible for conceptualizing and executing the end to end talent acquisition strategy to ensure that we have the right leadership team to scale our remote workforce across Africa, and position Hugo as an employer of choice. This role directly reports into the CEO, and works closely with key stakeholders such as the Chief of Staff, COO and in tandem with the Head of People.
The core responsibilities of the role include Talent Acquisition, Employer Branding, Global Compensation Management & Thought Leadership:
- Design a sourcing and onboarding strategy that keeps a steady stream of world-class talent (across a range of roles/functions) coming through our doors, and staying for the long-term.
- Establish Hugo as an employer of choice for seasoned professionals looking to do practical, high-impact work on the continent
- Implement a robust candidate management system, that supports tracking for continuous improvement
- Measure quality of hire/candidate journey experience through dashboards and processes (such as first 90 days plans/ stay interviews) to ensure seamless conversion from candidate to employee
- Partner with the Leadership team & Head of People to ensure that we develop and customize hiring briefs tailored to job description and candidate profile
- Deep-dive on candidate experience insights as part of the wider employee experience journey
- Develop competency frameworks and customized hiring methodologies, on par with global best practice
- Serve as a brand ambassador, leveraging relevant networks & events such as job fairs, conferences and external events to advocate for Hugo as an employer brand
- Foster long-term relationships with past applicants and prospective candidates.
- Partner with the leadership team/Head of People to define Hugo’s Employer Value proposition
- Develop a Employer Branding roadmap that encompasses the right mix of relevant recruitment channels & PR to ensure premium talent attraction
- Conceptualize communication campaigns on par with Talent Acquisition priorities to ensure optimal engagement via social media and online/offline channels
- Partner closely with the Marketing and Internal Communications teams to ensure highest quality content standards
- Continuously seek opportunities and review/update our roadmap to strengthen Hugo’s Employer Value Proposition (EVP)
- Monitor & measure the effectiveness of our talent marketing campaigns to ensure continuous improvement
Compensation & Benefit Management
- Review & assess global compensation & benefits trends periodically to affirm Hugo’s competitive position as an employer of choice
- Recommend and develop the right total compensation benchmarks on par global hiring practices, including ESOP composition by specific role/job family
- Partner closely with the leadership team & Head of People to continuously elevate our employee experience journey, on par with our business objectives
- Support the Head of People on conceptualizing and rolling out core People processes such as Performance Management, Talent Development, Employee Experience and Succession Planning
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Impactful presentation style.
- A service-mindset.
- Strategic and creative.
- Can bring immediate credibility to the role through strong academic qualifications and professional experience.
- A large professional network across the EMEA region.
- 10+ years experience in or progressive experience in People/Talent Acquisition
- Expertise in full cycle recruiting and employer branding techniques.
- Experience recruiting executive and/or international candidates.
- Sound understanding of the responsibilities of different roles within an organization.
- Strong business acumen, sales and negotiation skills.
- Strong organizational, problem solving, and leadership skills.
- Perfect written and oral communications skills.
- Fluency in French is preferred, but not required.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A competitive compensation package.
- A business model that makes sense for Africa.
- A high-caliber, fun team committed to the continent.
- Large-scale, measurable impact.