Hugo is a vibrant start-up with a strong track record of success that is building the Future-of-Work through offshoring. We provide customizable solutions and a hybrid delivery model designed to minimize disruption risk, drive efficiency, and deliver more predictable outcomes for our clients. We specialize in AI operations and omnichannel customer support. Our client list includes Fortune 500 companies, and a wide range of dynamic start-ups across FinTech, EdTech, and E-commerce.
The Strategy & Transformation Team is at the forefront of Hugo’s growth and innovation initiatives. We play a critical role in defining and driving strategic operational improvements across all areas of the organization. At its core, the team operates like an internal consulting group, leading small teams on a range of high-priority projects to design and implement effective, scalable solutions.
Specifically, the People Lead comprises an opportunity to design, develop and implement a comprehensive ‘people’ and ‘people operations’ strategy across our global workforce from the ground up.
To be successful you must be a builder. You must be adept at designing the infrastructure to collect data; adept at zooming in on the data collected to draw insights from analysis; and adept at zooming out to develop compelling recommendations and ideas to operationalize.
Switching from the strategic to the tactical, you should be capable of persuasively communicating your recommendations to other senior team members, then jumping into the trenches to drive construction, implementation and company-wide adoption.
The ideal candidate is someone who thrives given an open canvas and can successfully bring new ideas to life.
This role reports to the COO.
- Under the Strategy & Transformation Lead, manage/support the strategic direction and tactical build-out of a world-class and effective People Organization that treats People Experience as its integral core. This encompasses Employer Branding, Talent Acquisition, Engagement, Performance Management, Compensation & Benefits, Employee Well-Being, and Internal Communications - all against the backdrop of an organizational roadmap.
- Using a data-driven approach to identity and address business critical people problems.
- Defining, designing and optimizing people processes across the organization to elevate employee experience
- Developing roadmaps and implementing ways to reach key milestones throughout the lifecycle of a project.
- Leading the development of prototypes such as minimum viable products or proof of concept.
- Preparing process documentation to make planning more organized - a set of standards, reports, metrics, schedules, the team should adhere to.
- Managing execution pace and output, ensuring estimates are reasonable and that projects stay on track for on-time delivery.
- Developing plans to ensure sustainability, transfer of ownership and adoption by the organization for long-term impact.
- Self-starter, self-disciplined and target focused.
- Incredibly high standards - poorly designed and constructed outputs grate you.
- Satisfied only when an idea is successfully executed.
- Able to balance analytics and systems management with empathy and creativity.
- Comfortable working in both intricate details as well as big-picture initiatives.
- Kind and authentic.
- Driven to be the best, build the best and be associated with the best.
- 7 - 10+ years in progressively responsible leadership roles, in a fast-paced environment.
- An MBA is strongly preferred.
- Proven experience leading and delivering special projects in organizational design + change management.
- Experience creating and implementing pragmatic and business-focused people-related initiatives.
- Strong business acumen and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to present to various audiences and distill key messages in order to effectively inform and persuade.
- Entrepreneurial experience including, but not limited to, launching and scaling projects in an emerging market.
- Superior organizational skills, including the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Prior experience, deep expertise/ knowledge of HR CoE is optimal.
- Having worked in consulting projects/background will serve as an added advantage.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A competitive compensation package.
- A business model that makes sense for Africa.
- A high-caliber, fun team committed to the continent.
- Large-scale, measurable impact.