Hugo is a vibrant start-up with a strong track record of success that is building the Future-of-Work through offshoring. We provide customizable solutions and a hybrid delivery model designed to minimize disruption risk, drive efficiency, and deliver more predictable outcomes for our clients. We specialize in AI operations and omnichannel customer support. Our client list includes Fortune 500 companies, and a wide range of dynamic start-ups across FinTech, EdTech, and E-commerce.
The Strategy & Transformation Team is at the forefront of Hugo’s growth and innovation initiatives. We play a critical role in defining and driving strategic operational improvements across all areas of the organization. At its core, the team operates like an internal consulting group. In this role you will lead small, highly skilled ad-hoc teams on a range of high-priority projects to create effective, scalable solutions, and then implement them.
You will operate as an engagement leader where you will lead the day to day execution of internal transformation projects, to help internal users match and exceed our constantly increasing client expectations.
To be successful you must be adept at zooming in to collect data and draw insights from analysis, then zooming out to develop compelling recommendations and ideas. Switching from strategic to tactical mode, you should be capable of persuasively communicating your recommendations to other senior team members, then jumping into the trenches with your team to drive implementation and company-wide adoption. All the while, not forgetting to continually monitor the impact of your solution.
Your internal engagements will often span from a few weeks to several months. You'll work closely, support and report to the S&T Director for Operational Excellence, but will also be expected to work autonomously with little direction.
Manage transformation projects from conception to implementation
- Operate as a project leader, taking ownership of the overall project lifecycle. You will be responsible for delivering the key results (in line with the project and wider strategic objectives) and embedding this mindset across cross-functional teams and thereby strengthening our operational readiness to support our rapid growth.
- Manage execution pace and output, ensuring estimates are reasonable and that projects stay on track for on-time delivery.
- Build thorough, best-in-class implementation frameworks that are relevant for the business and can be sustainably institutionalized, scaled up and replicated across.
- Create a shared brain across large teams to align stakeholders to the vision of the project and empower independent decision making.
- Lead the development of prototypes such as minimum viable products or proof of concept.
Design, build and optimize processes to drive significant performance improvement and great user experience
- Define, design and optimize scalable and replicable processes across the organization by constantly pushing “the team” to challenge the status quo.
- Use relevant tools to help identify opportunities for process improvements and implement these recommendations to drive significant performance improvement with user design at the center of the mix.
- Scale the business through standardization, continuous improvement and lean practices.
Use a data-driven approach to navigate through ambiguity and solve business critical problems.
- Build a sustainable data architecture and adjacent processes to strengthen our data governance model. This will serve as a single source of truth for extracting and leveraging that data to drive innovation, challenge status quo thinking and fuel relevant and transformative business strategies.
- Prepare highly impactful periodic reports that provide relevant insights and strategic options to drive decision making.
- Self-starter, self-disciplined and target focused
- Entrepreneurial: Satisfied only when an idea is successfully executed
- Resourceful and strategic
- Prioritize ruthlessly
- Bachelor’s degree from a top-tier university with consistent outstanding academic records; Advanced degree or MBA is strongly preferred.
- 8+ years of experience with a dynamic mix of Management Consulting (6+ years) and Industry experience (2+ years) with demonstrable results in implementation
- Proven record of high performance and substantial achievements in your past positions
- Demonstrated leadership ability in a team environment
- Initiative taker, eager to break new grounds, create opportunities for others
- Willingness to take personal risks - as seen through leadership roles - in work environment and extracurricular activities
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to present to various audiences and distill key messages in order to effectively inform and persuade.
- Skills to communicate complex ideas effectively
- Entrepreneurial experience including but not limited to launching and scaling a project in an emerging market.
- Adept at analyzing large datasets to extract and communicate recommendations and ideas.
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem solving skills
- Superior organizational skills, including the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A competitive compensation package.
- A business model that makes sense for Africa.
- A high-caliber, fun team committed to the continent.
- Large-scale, measurable impact