Hugo is a vibrant start-up with a strong track record of success that is building the Future-of-Work through offshoring. We provide customizable solutions and a hybrid delivery model designed to minimize disruption risk, drive efficiency, and deliver more predictable outcomes for our clients. We specialize in AI operations and omnichannel customer support. Our client list includes Fortune 500 companies, and a wide range of dynamic start-ups across FinTech, EdTech, and E-commerce.
The Process, Data & Analytics team is responsible for using data and analytics to continuously improve recruiting, performance, and retention in our Customer Support teams. This includes 1. Creating/redefining the operational processes that touch each aspect of the agent life cycle; 2. Capturing, organizing and managing the aggregated data in a way that ensures its credibility, usability and practical applicability toward improved operating outcomes; 3. Analyzing captured data in order to garner unusual insights and/or practical recommendations for operational improvements; 4. Operationalizing these insights via tests, experiments and wholesale changes, alongside key stakeholders across the Customer Support organization, to drive improved outcomes; 5. Automation.
You will be measured against the backdrop of both (1) being an owner - charged with designing and building data systems, and making your own decisions in this regard; and (2) being a operator (change-agent), charged with the responsibility of bringing about operational changes that drive toward performance and outcome improvements (again, based on your work with data).
Culture-wise, “what will you build this week” and “what did you build last week” will be the driving questions that focus all conversations.
- Operationalize Data Collection Processes: First, we must understand and agree that no structures, processes or frameworks exist to capture any of the data that you will ultimately analyze and make useful.
- Data Capture: Hugo’s current data, both re: its volume, diversity and integrity, is weak, non-existent or not credible. We will thus not seek to draw any conclusions from it.
Instead, we will seek to capture, verify, and stress-test our own primary data ahead of any analysis/application. Single sources of truths (“SSOT”) will be a necessary requirement for all data types.
- Analysis/Analytics Capabilities: Analyzing data to arrive at insights, truths and conclusions about our business, but that are also grounded in practical opportunities for change that drive operational/performance improvement.
- Operational Improvement. There will always be 2 sides to this coin. (1) improvements that allow for new, more accurate or different sorts of data to be captured; or (2) improvements that drive better outcomes, workforce or service delivery wise. Approaches to operational improvements include:
- Tests. E.g. A/B testing.
- Experiments - thesis/data-driven.
- Wholesale Changes to operation.
STAGE 1 [CONTEXT]: Complete ownership of a live client account (account TBD). Specifically, you will fully own the operations, management, performance, and client experience for a live, in-production (“test”) account. The experience is aimed at facilitating a deep understanding of the challenges, gaps, and client expectations that your focus work (with data) will seek to solve. Duration: 2 months.
STAGE 2 [RESPONSIBILITIES]: Officially take on your formal responsibilities. Expectation here is complete ownership of inputs, outputs and outcomes.
- High level of self-direction and ability to operate autonomously.
- Curious and inquisitive - you don’t stop at the basics but always question why something is as it is, and when you think you have found the why you ask why again. You are only satisfied when all possibilities have been explored.
- You tailor conclusions to your audience - it is clear to you a managing director usually wants to know the bottom line first.
- High attention to detail and meticulously accurate.
- Works collaboratively and effectively builds relationships with key stakeholders.
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and thriving in a rapidly changing environment with competing and shifting priorities.
- Customer-service-focused mind-set.
- MBA or any business related post-graduate degree preferred but not required.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7+ years of proven relevant work experience, in progressively responsible leadership roles, preferably in a fast-paced and highly structured environment.
- Extensive knowledge & experience on HRIS and Employee Data Privacy
- Experience leading teams.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to present to various audiences and distill key messages in order to effectively inform and persuade.
- Entrepreneurial experience including but not limited to launching and scaling a project in an emerging market.
- Superior organizational skills, including the ability to manage multiple responsibilities and projects simultaneously.
- Advanced knowledge of G-suite, Excel and Powerpoint mandatory
WHAT WE OFFER
- A competitive compensation package.
- A business model that makes sense for Africa.
- A high-caliber, fun team committed to the continent.
- Large-scale, measurable impact.