Hugo is a vibrant start-up with a strong track record of success that is building the Future-of-Work through offshoring. We provide customizable solutions and a hybrid delivery model designed to minimize disruption risk, drive efficiency, and deliver more predictable outcomes for our clients. We specialize in AI operations and omnichannel customer support. Our client list includes Fortune 500 companies, and a wide range of dynamic start-ups across FinTech, EdTech, and E-commerce.
The People Data Management team is responsible for workforce data integrity across the entire employee journey. This includes capturing, storing and managing employee data in order to ensure key stakeholders across the organization are using credible and trustworthy data. The responsibility of the team spans across people, processes and technologies required to collect and manage the company’s employee data assets so that the company can take advantage of data driven opportunities and create value. This role is critical for the company to move from being one that makes decisions based on intuition to one that makes decisions based on accurate and reliable data.
- Strategic. Define clear and transparent rules, policies, processes, regulations and standards that relate to the collection, storage, management and org-wide distribution of employee data that will lead to more reliable, consistent, accurate, relevant and actionable data.
- Take full ownership of maintaining the company’s single source of truth of employee data.
- Ensure the single-source of truth of employee data is trusted within the organization and is used by stakeholders across the organization to make decisions.
- Align all processes to ensure employee data integrity is maintained.
- Identify data-domain owners and stewards within the organization and define accountabilities for cross-functional and data-related decisions, processes, and controls.
- Develop company-wide data accountability models for all levels of the organization.
- Tactical. Work closely with key stakeholders and department heads (Finance, Service Delivery, HR, IT, Operations etc.) to implement and institutionalize data management practices across the organization, ensuring rules, policies, processes, regulations and standards for data integrity are followed and adhered to consistently, every working day.
- Secure stakeholder continuous commitment and broad organizational buy-in by building data supporters and converting the skeptics. Determine the right combination of interventions to drive the right behavior and motivation to follow initiatives, for instance recognition for high quality.
- Educate teams across the organization on the importance of employee data governance and data integrity through playbooks and training.
- Consistently develop and refine processes that affect employee data.
- Control access and permission levels to employee data, ensuring sensitive data is placed in the right hands and isn’t shared without authorization.
- Document all employee data related processes.
- Develop internal processes to consistently check employee data for accuracy to help filter out incorrect, outdated or corrupted information.
- Work closely with the Employee Data Analytics and Intelligence team along with relevant key stakeholders to identify;
- Gaps in employee data sets and resolve by working with heads of departments to improve and develop data capture processes.
- Which employee data sets are valuable to collect.
- Automate processes where possible.
- Monitor and implement where necessary SLAs that are linked to data integrity for all stakeholders and data related processes.
- Create and send Monthly Employee Data Integrity Reports to the executive team and key stakeholders.
- Determine key metrics for how to measure data integrity progress and success across the organization.
- Assign data quality responsibilities in order to measure and follow up on data quality KPIs.
- Develop Data Management Playbook.
- High level of self-direction and ability to operate autonomously.
- Curious and inquisitive - you don’t stop at the basics but always question why something is as it is, and when you think you have found the why you ask why again. You are only satisfied when all possibilities have been explored.
- You tailor conclusions to your audience - it is clear to you a managing director usually wants to know the bottom line first.
- High attention to detail and meticulously accurate.
- Works collaboratively and effectively builds relationships with key stakeholders.
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and thriving in a rapidly changing environment with competing and shifting priorities.
- Customer-service-focused mind-set.
- MBA or any business related post-graduate degree preferred but not required.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 6+ years of proven relevant work experience, in progressively responsible leadership roles, preferably in a fast-paced and highly structured environment.
- Extensive knowledge & experience on HRIS and Employee Data Privacy
- Experience leading teams.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to present to various audiences and distill key messages in order to effectively inform and persuade.
- Entrepreneurial experience including but not limited to launching and scaling a project in an emerging market.
- Superior organizational skills, including the ability to manage multiple responsibilities and projects simultaneously.
- Advanced knowledge of G-suite, Excel and Powerpoint mandatory
WHAT WE OFFER
- A competitive compensation package.
- A business model that makes sense for Africa.
- A high-caliber, fun team committed to the continent.
- Large-scale, measurable impact.