Hugo is a vibrant start-up with a strong track record of success that is building the Future-of-Work through offshoring. We provide customizable solutions and a hybrid delivery model designed to minimize disruption risk, drive efficiency, and deliver more predictable outcomes for our clients. We specialize in AI operations and omnichannel customer support. Our client list includes Fortune 500 companies, and a wide range of dynamic start-ups across FinTech, EdTech, and E-commerce.
Over the last two years, Hugo has experienced tremendous growth. We’ve grown to a community of more than 1,500 FTEs, expanded into four new countries, and evolved our client base from early-stage start-ups to publicly listed tech behemoths. To maintain this trajectory and explore various scenarios for further growth, we are building the Corporate Development function to strategically navigate the complexities of a dynamic outsourcing market and Hugo’s future position in it.
We are in search of a sharp and diligent Strategy Analyst to join our Corporate Development team.
In the role of Strategy Analyst, you will be the driving force behind analyzing, understanding, and assessing the market and emerging trends. Your outputs will be crucial in ensuring that our strategic decisions and growth are backed by data-driven insights and deep market understanding.
The ideal candidate for this role possesses a robust analytical skillset complemented by extensive market research experience. This individual values the structured processes and is committed to adhering to them.
In this role, you'll work closely with and report to the Head of Corporate Development. The position is entirely remote, but most of your team members will be US-based, which may affect your work schedule due to time zone differences.
You will own coverage of designated industry players, industry service lines, and industry segments. Your responsibilities will include:
- Track, analyze, and build detailed profiles of key industry players by researching publicly available information, reviewing companies’ reports, and monitoring relevant news.
- Monitor and analyze key events, trends, and developments impacting:
- various service lines within the industry,
- different segments of the industry.
- Identify emerging trends, shifts in customer preferences, potential industry threats & disruptors, and analyze their potential impact.
- Monitor, identify, and assess the implications of M&A transactions within the industry.
- Effectively and timely communicate findings and insights to other team members.
- Properly and timely document your findings and insights in the company's internal platform, following the established process.
- Ensure that all conducted research and analyses remain up-to-date, revisiting and updating them as needed.
- Curate, compile and contribute to the regular strategy newsletter, shared internally with the executive leadership team and key stakeholders.
Market Outlook & Strategy Implications
- Based on insights from industry monitoring and built industry expertise, prepare a personal outlook on the industry’s developments and future opportunities.
- Assess the impact of identified industry developments and trends on the company’s strategic approach.
- Recommend potential avenues for the company’s organic and inorganic growth.
Process Improvement Suggestions
- Proactively provide feedback on the current research, analysis, and documentation processes, suggesting actionable improvements to enhance efficiency and accuracy.
- Stay updated with the latest market research and analysis technologies. Recommend the integration of new tools that complement and enhance the existing tech stack.
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Finance, Business Administration, Economics, or another Business-Related field from a globally recognized institution.
- 4+ years of professional experience in the field of market research, corporate strategy, or competitive intelligence, with a proven track record of delivering actionable insights and recommendations.
- Experience in structured environments such as investment banking or management consulting is preferred.
- You have strong analytical skills, a passion for data, and a critical-thinking mindset.
- Prior exposure to the outsourcing industry is a big plus but not mandatory.
- Proficient in Google Sheets / Excel, and market research tools.
- Highly organized and structured. You value the presence of established processes and are committed to following them.
- A perfectionist at heart with exceptional attention to detail.
- Naturally curious.
- Self-starter who is excited about working in an entrepreneurial environment.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A competitive compensation package.
- A business model that makes sense for Africa.
- A high-caliber, fun team committed to the continent.
- Large-scale, measurable impact.
Interested? We’re looking forward to receiving your application. Apply by October 12, 2023.
We encourage early applications, as we review applications on a rolling basis, and may fill this position before the deadline.