Hugo is transforming the future of a continent by re-envisioning the future of its work. We exist to provide BPO excellence to our customers by investing heavily in the very best of African talent.
African communities currently reap less than 2% of a BPO market worth a staggering $430 billion annually. We are changing this.
Specialising in digital and AI operations, omnichannel customer support, and trust & safety solutions for some of the world’s largest tech and media companies, we are providing the continent’s university educated youth with the skills necessary to build a meaningful career in the global digital economy. All whilst delivering industry-beating excellence for our clients.
What you’ll be doing
We're seeking a highly analytical Project Manager to co-lead a 500+ person data annotation team for a Fortune 100 client. You'll play a pivotal role in ensuring optimal client results.
As a Project Manager at Hugo, your main responsibility is to align our team with clients' evolving needs and serve as the primary point of contact for feedback. You'll collaboratively identify and resolve issues impacting user experiences, maintaining positive client relationships. Your dynamic role includes overseeing critical operational aspects like Project Delivery, Workforce Management, Quality Control, and Stakeholder Management. This involves:
- Project Delivery
- Design and structure team operations for complex projects and SLA adherence.Identify opportunities to improve operational efficiencies and implement scalable solutions.
- Manage project workflows and performance metrics.
- Provide insights and actionable strategies to achieve the best possible outcomes on projects.
- Workforce Management
- Ensure proper staffing and schedule adherence, with contingency plans when needed.
- Quality Control
- Analyze error trends and guide quality control efforts.
- Develop process documentation for consistency across projects.
- Stakeholder Management
- Oversee day to day client communications
- Foster team collaboration, motivation, and skill development.
- Establish and communicate team goals, strategies, and behaviours.
- Coordinate with stakeholders for resource allocation
What you’ll need to apply
- Demonstrated success in project management within startup/scaleup environments, coupled with a keen understanding of operational excellence in mature, high-caliber organizations.
- Proven track record as a Client Service Manager, consistently aligning teams with client needs.
- Exceptional analytical and communication skills, with meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong leadership abilities in optimizing team efficiency and ensuring schedule adherence.
- Experience in workforce management, surpassing client expectations, and driving performance improvement.
- Collaborative mindset for implementing performance enhancement programs and overseeing client reporting.
Our interview process is as follows…
- Recruiter call: A call from one of our recruiters if we believe your profile looks a strong match for the role, during which we’ll evaluate your fit and discuss Hugo in more detail
- Deep dive interviews: Typically 3 interviews designed to probe deeply the extent to which you have the skills, mindset, and behaviours to succeed in the role and at Hugo
- Assessment tasks: During the process we may request that you complete psychometric assessments and/or a presentation and/or task-based exercise (NB: the output of any assessments you complete is treated as confidential and will be used for the sole purpose of best determining your fit for the role and company)
- Meet the team: We conclude our process by arranging for you to speak with potential colleagues informally, allowing for greater insight into the culture, environment and, yes, challenges(!) you may face
To learn more about Hugo explore our website and careers page
Equal opportunity statement
Diversity, equity and inclusion are part of our DNA. But we won't be resting on our laurels as we scale. Promoting and, where possible, improving diversity, equity and inclusion as a values-based and commercial necessity.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. So, all applications will be considered without attention to age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity, or disability status.