iBanFirst is accelerating its development and is looking for a Financial Institutions Relationship Manager to reinforce its operations team. This position can be based in Paris, Brussels or Antwerp
What you will do
The FI relationship manager is part of the Operations department and reports directly to the Chief Operations Officer, a member of the Executive Committee.
The Operations department counts 4 teams: Customer Success Management, Due Diligence, Back Office and FI Relationship.
The FI relationship manager is the key coordinator of all discussions and negotiations with financial institutions providing essential services to iBanFirst, including correspondent banking and FX liquidity. The FI relationship manager has a central role in securing and optimizing existing and future financial services provided by FI partners.
As such, the main assignments are:
- Establish, maintain, and enhance long-term relationships of iBanFirst with all financial institutions: banks, FX liquidity providers…
- Centralize the needs and requirements for financial services at IBF’s level, in coordination with all other departments, in particular Product, Sales, Finance and compliance.
- Coordinate benchmarks, RFP and commercial negotiations, to select the most suited partners given IBF’s technical and financial requirements and growth opportunities.
- Liaise closely with top management and other department to conduct frequent global business reviews in order to inform and enhance the relationship with FIs. Whenever needed, organize and prepare meetings between FIs and iBanFirst’s top management.
- Follow-up / Assess / Rank the revenues realized by each FI to facilitate feedback and further negotiations.
- Manage Financial Institutions onboarding (KYC) and periodic compliance review on iBanFirst,
- Support other iBanFirst’s departments – particularly Product, Sales, Finance and Tech – and facilitate issues management with FIs in the context of their daily operations and projects.
Preferred experience & Required Qualities
- 7-10 years’ experience
- Result-driven: iBanFirst has a very ambitious roadmap to deliver for its clients and investors, the relationship manager is fully part of iBanFirst’s growth and service improvement.
- Thorough understanding of banks’ business model, culture, and services: international payments / correspondent banking, capital markets (FX)
- Deep understanding of potential ways of integration with banks
- SWIFT and SEPA knowledge
- Deep knowledge about local vs virtual accounts and local IBANs establishment
- Strong teamwork / transversal work abilities to collect requirements, give relevant feedback and circulate information to all stakeholders and top management.
- Strong Analytical skills: data management, business reports, RFPs…
- Experience in transversal work, as manager or participant
- Strong communication skills to convey iBanFirst requirements and projections to FIs, and to inform top management with a synthetic view on relationships with FIs
- Doer and self-motivated
- Bachelor/Master’s in business or Finance
- International mindset and fluent in both French and English
What we offer
- Various missions and projects in an innovative scale-up in a thriving industry (fintech),
- A key role and a unique opportunity to shape the future of iBanFirst,
- A great, professional, and international team,
- A nice work environment, in our office located in Paris 8,
- Regular offsite and internal events,
- Attractive package, depending on profile.
Who are we?
iBanFirst is an international financial services provider offering alternative payment solutions to traditional banking.
Founded in 2013, iBanFirst is a fintech that developed a banking platform to enable international SMEs to carry out fast, secure and fairly priced multi-currency transactions.
Thanks to iBanFirst, finance teams can send and receive payments in more than 30 currencies and benefit from personalized support to cover their foreign exchange exposure.
Since 2016, iBanFirst has raised 46 million euros and in May 2021, the Californian fund Marlin Equity Partners invested €200M to further accelerate the growth and development of iBanFirst.
Joining iBanFirst is a unique opportunity to develop your skills and evolve quickly in an international company that is at the cutting edge of innovation.