Senior Software Engineer (Java/Ruby)
Banking is moving out of banks and becoming a part of customers’ daily digital lives. Inbank’s financing solutions are embedded seamlessly into the shopping journey of 5,000+ retailers. This helps our merchant partners to grow their businesses while end customers get to benefit from a frictionless shopping experience wherever they are. With a focus on innovation and growth, we have a team of 300+ people working across our offices in Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, and the Czech Republic. We're not a bank, we're a financial platform.
Due to our growth ambitions, we are looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer (Java/Ruby) to join our existing product engineering teams to help build the next iteration of Inbank's platform, in Latvia, Estonia, Lithuania, or Poland. With a focus on revamping our current setup, where we are migrating away from some legacy, there is room for your input and the ability to take full ownership, within a sandbox environment.
What will you be doing?
You’ll be developing Inbank systems, integrating 3rd party services, building APIs for integrations, and having a say in the overall architecture and system design. Ideally, you champion best practices across your team but also across the tribe. You don't shy away from building well-designed, testable, and efficient code, and can participate in code reviews. You'll document what you build, you ship it but you own it too.
Our current tech stack consists of:
Java 17, Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, Oracle, Amazon Web Services, Docker, Node.js, Vue.js, Jenkins and more.
What you’ll get in return:
- We offer a competitive salary that is based on your experience level and a great benefit package
- Sports compensation, additional health insurance, and extra vacation days after 3rd year of employment
- A six week paid sabbatical after 4 years of working at Inbank
- Interesting and challenging working environment with opportunities to develop professionally
- A Hybrid Agile and autonomous working environment
- Team events and personalized training plan
- 8+ years of previous working experience as a Software Developer or in a similar position
- Strong knowledge of back-end development and understanding of design patterns
- Proficiency with Java or Ruby on Rails
- Solid experience with SQL for your daily work
- High level of self-organization, ownership, and responsibility – you take pride in your work and the results you bring to the organization
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English
- Experience in the financial sector is considered a bonus, but not a must.
At Inbank we strive to have an inclusive and diverse working environment, so we welcome you to apply even if you do not match all the points here but think you would do well.