incident.io is an incident management platform that helps companies when things go wrong. Whether they're site outages, data breaches, or functionality issues, incidents happen literally all the time. When they do, we help get the right people in the room, we run and communicate how you're responding, and we give you a suite of tools and insights to learn and improve over time.
Our Engineering team consists of experienced, product-focused engineers with experience building reliable and scalable software for for companies like Intercom, Monzo, GoCardless, Ravelin and Freetrade.
Our primary development stack is based on Go, Typescript with React, and Postgres. In terms of infrastructure, we’re building on top of Google Cloud Platform for our compute and data needs - using managed services such as GKE Autopilot, as well as supporting services like BigQuery, Pub/Sub and GCS - all managed via Terraform.
Joining as one of our first Platform Engineers, you'll help steer our technical path, influencing technology choices and building the infrastructure powering our apps while empowering Product teams to efficiently deliver reliable and secure world class software.
What you’ll be doing:
- Taking ownership of our infrastructure by crafting a scalable foundation that gives product teams full autonomy while maintaining a consistent approach to infrastructure across all teams
- Collaborating closely with product teams utilising your knowledge and expertise to align our technical vision with the way we design and build products.
- Making measured trade-offs by relying on your experience to drive the adoption of tooling that’s the right fit for incident.io and asking the right questions to ensure we avoid adding complexity for complexity’s sake.
- Keep security front of mind for everything we build from the very start
- Work transparently by default, sharing the highs and the lows together with your team, through open communication, documentation, and public discussions wherever possible.
This role could be ideal for you if you:
- Enjoy picking up projects that are wholly infrastructure focused, have experience working with Google Cloud Platform technologies, and have built reliable and well-tested infrastructure on top of Cloud services.
- Have built production-quality software in any programming language, such as Go, Python, Ruby on Rails, or React, ideally customer-facing, at some point in your career.
- Have experience bootstrapping observability tooling at scale and hold strong convictions about building reliable infrastructure to enable product teams to deliver high quality software
- Want to help build a team, by working collaboratively to problem solve and taking extra time to explain things, provide actionable feedback, and level up those around you.
- Embrace challenges with undefined solutions, diving into research and debugging to discover new tools and solve complex issues.
The salary for this position is determined by several job-related factors, such as experience, relevant skills, training, location, business needs, or market demands. The salary range for this role is £90,000 -£130,000. This position will also offer equity options.