The Institute of Export & International Trade (IOE&IT) is the leading UK membership association for those working in exporting and importing. These are exciting times in international trade and we’re seeing sustained growth in the demand for our services and qualifications – as a result, our team needs to grow too.
We are now recruiting a Business Development Manager to lead and develop our key business customer relationships, to deliver lasting impact and revenue through key initiatives and opportunities. The job can be done remotely but you will have to attend our offices occasionally for meetings.
Position is paying between £40,000 and £50,000 per annum plus commission on top.
As a Business Development Manager, you will have the opportunity to drive digital transformation in International Trade to our key business customers, to achieve both IOE&IT and customer business outcomes.
Leveraging our expansive team of diverse and experienced International Trade experts, engage at the most senior levels of your customers to bring industry-relevant solutions to help adopt and embrace digital technologies to maximise all opportunities for growth in International Trade. With a proven history of building and driving large enterprise opportunities, achieving sales targets, customer obsession, and partner collaboration, this role will give the opportunity to leverage your extensive network and sales experience to execute against a territory account plan
- Leads strategies for the assigned accounts that yield high-value sales and open new opportunities for both IOE&IT, aligned to goals, budgets, and forecasts.
- Orchestrates the execution of strategies for the customer to ensure engagements yield high-value sales, drive plans to increase revenue potential, and open new opportunities for both IOE&IT and the customer
- Leads and coordinates a diverse team (e.g., SMEs) on plan execution (e.g., prioritization, delegation) and drives accountability to execute and deliver on account plans and grow the account
- Proactively expands strategic network of key external customers and decision makers, including vertical industry partners
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of the customer’s business to articulate growth opportunities and leveraging industry expertise
- Influences relevant (internal and external) stakeholders and resources to drive change on behalf of the customer and to enhance team capabilities, improve IOE&IT’s offerings, and adapt IOE&IT’s messaging to the assigned account.
- Proactively elevates stakeholder relationships and uses IOE&IT’s strategies through multiple levels of the customer’s organization to secure buy-in and execution.
- Expands strategic relationships to drive larger impact for the customer and spread into other areas of the organization.
- Proactively develops a strong, comprehensive understanding of customers business needs, priorities, strategies, and industry insights.
- Shows long-term differentiated value for the partner, leveraging industry expertise and guides internal colleagues on ways to develop deeper customer knowledge.
- Articulates IOE&IT’s and customers’ point of view and creates deep connections with decision makers throughout multiple levels of the customer’s organization to drive purchase decisions and increase interaction and participation, leveraging relevant tools and resources (e.g., LinkedIn). Leverages relationships to address complex political blockers and drive execution for the customer.
- Engages in strategic discussions by articulating ideas to evolve and facilitate evolution of business and growth
- Leverages unique, strategic, industry-focused business insights and opportunities to create long-term, advantage and opportunity for the customer.
- Builds trust and loyalty with the customer by providing up-to-date insights, challenging the customer when necessary, and introducing innovative ideas relevant to the customer’s business strategy.
- Owns and builds customer aligned account plan, that showcase the value added by IOE&IT’s offerings and ideas grounded on a deep understanding of industry trends and based on account needs and customer's expectations.
- Leverages understanding of customer’s business and engages IOE&IT executives and subject matter experts to drive customers strategy and joint goals. Engages and influences decision makers of the account (e.g., senior leaders, executives) to position IOE&IT to increase joint value and impact
- Uses business cases and proposals to develop and present compelling value proposition presentations and specialized business plans for customer that showcase IOE&IT’s services & offerings
- Builds new relationships to create new opportunities and expand relationships within the customer
- Creates and qualifies new opportunities by identifying strategic opportunities (e.g., large, long-term) within accounts and guiding the partner on how to best identify new opportunities, leveraging deep customer and industry relationships and consultative selling skills.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Demonstrable track record of success in B2B sales to Mid-market and Large enterprises and sales quota in excess of £500K
- Solid experience in working at Director/C-Level establishing and nurturing trusted relationships
- An established track record of driving and winning large deals and contracts in complex solution and services domains
- A robust and structured approach to sales, demonstrating the ability to identify win-themes, stakeholder groups and decision criteria within prospect organisations
- High degree of commercial acumen, familiarity with professional services and business advisory is ideal
- Excellent relationship development, influencing and communication skills
- Extremely organised, proactive, impactful and results oriented
- Capable and comfortable in dealing with complexity, and driving simplicity
- Excellent collaborator and team player
- 36.5 hours per week including 4pm Friday finish
- 25 days annual leave and day off for your birthday too
- Annual performance-related bonus
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Private healthcare including Optician/Dental costs
- Life Assurance (Salary x4)
- Personalised training
- A range of discounts for shopping, holidays and cinema attendance
- Free breakfast in Peterborough
- 2 days volunteering a year
Diversity and inclusion:
Life would be boring if we were all the same! - IOE&IT is a company with a charitable status that believes in diversity and inclusion, as shown in the hiring and progression of our team members. The IOE&IT’s workforce is truly diverse – in age, nationality, gender and location.
With a passion for nurturing, supporting and including all team members – no matter who you are – we celebrate identity. We are proud of who we are and where we come from.
As an Investors in People accredited organisation, we care about and prioritise all of our team members daily. We ensure to engage with and listen to everyone.
Our Disability Confident and Mindful Employer accreditations express our commitment to the specialist needs and mental health of IOE&IT team members.
Having family-friendly policies allows our employees to partake in a flexible work environment so they can take care of children and loved ones.
If you think you're a good fit for this position: fill out your details below, attach an up-to-date copy of your CV and then submit your application for review by IOE&IT's Talent Team.
Look forward to hearing from you soon!