Join us as a Technical Writer to create and update technical documentation for our clients and in-house software.
The individual in this role will be responsible for the writing technical documentation to support developers on a global scale. The role requires strong writing skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work closely with engineers and manufacturing teams to ensure the highest standard of product reliability and performance
- Deliver coherent, efficient outputs that exhibit extraordinary attention to detail in both technical and grammatical accuracy.
- Organise, edit, and be a contributing writer for client documentation and guides.
- Work with our engineering and product teams to analyse changes and new features as they are released to identify any changes needed to keep the documentation up-to-date.
- Solicit and coordinate internal and external input sent as comments or as pull requests to our documentation repository.
- Contribute to and uphold our docs style guide, and work with the team to plan and drive efforts to improve consistency in both prose and information architecture.
Ideal Candidate Profile:
- Demonstrable body of work communicating complex technical concepts in concise, organised writing.
- Broad understanding of software development tools and practices - being an active engineer isn't necessary but have a feel for how different teams build software.
- Familiarity with the basics of git and GitHub pull requests.
- A desire to delve into a myriad of different tools, languages, and frameworks.
- Experience with using markup languages to write docs/content (AsciiDoc, Markdown, reStructuredText, etc.)
Candidates who bring additional expertise to the table will have an advantage.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience with startups.
- A degree in Computer Science or a related field.