Irembo is a technology company that designs and develops digital products to ease the accessibility of services in users’ everyday lives worldwide, starting with Rwanda. Our pioneer product, IremboGov, has enabled Rwandan citizens and foreigners to access over 100 public services online through a one-stop-shop platform. To date, we have made over 20M+ transactions through our platforms. We have ambitious goals to scale our technology worldwide to enable more governments and institutions to serve their citizens better. More information is available on irembo.com.
At Irembo, engineers develop technologies that change the way millions of people interact with digital services. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems and push our products forward.
What will you do?
- Database Infrastructure & Security – Assist with the creation, deployment and maintenance of databases in both development and live service environments.
- Communication – Clear and timely communications (verbal and written) to colleagues and internal customers.
- Service Delivery – Assist colleagues in achieving agreed service standards by maintaining database services to the required operational levels.
- Standards and Working Practices – Ensure that team processes and standards are adhered to accurately to ensure that the expected levels of service quality and performance are maintained
- Perform regular database maintenance activities by following internal processes (data loads, data fixes, schema updates, database copies, software installs/upgrades/patches etc)
- Daily database performance monitoring, optimization, and tuning to ensure maximum availability and high performance.
- Providing SQL expertise, proposing design recommendations and optimization for our various databases.
- Replicate existing database environments for various testing activities.
- Assess the impact of system failures and proactively take corrective measures to ensure acceptable system performance, availability, and recovery. Assist to determine root cause to database problems and provide solutions to prevent reoccurrence.
- Maintaining database backup and recovery infrastructure
You will be a great fit if:
- You hold BS Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field preferred
- Minimum 1-3 years of IT operations with strong understanding of database structures, theories, principles, and practices
- Minimum 1-3 years of PostgreSQL environment. Fast Paced OLTP environment experience preferred.
- You have knowledge of reporting and query tools and practices
- You have strong technical documentation skills
- You have experience with end-to-end efforts to design, develop, and implement data warehousing and business intelligence solutions
- You have experience with backups, restores, and recovery models
- You have experience in database capacity planning and production support
- You have experience in troubleshooting and resolving database problems using native & third party monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- You have experience maintaining database security, integrity, and availability
- You have experience in implementing operational automation using scripts
- Experience working with database engines PostgreSQL, MongoDB including in-memory engines Redis and Elasticsearch.
Benefits and compensation:
- Medical Insurance cover for you and your family (spouse and children)
- Monthly communication allowance (MTN or Airtel)
- Lunch, snacks, and coffee at work
- Home Internet
- Annual gym membership
- Interest-free salary advances
- Annual paid leave - 21 days
- Annual performance bonus
- Project and spot bonuses where applicable
- Flexible working hours
- RSSB contribution
- A new laptop for work
- A great working environment with growth & learning opportunities and a young, diverse & creative team!
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. We're on a mission to change our continent through technology and are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds, nationalities, and walks of life.
Our head office is based in Kigali, Rwanda.