Irembo is a technology company that designs and develops digital products to ease the accessibility of services in users’ everyday lives worldwide, starting with Rwanda. Our pioneer product, IremboGov, has enabled Rwandan citizens and foreigners to access over 100 public services online through a one-stop-shop platform. To date, we have made over 20M+ transactions through our platforms. We have ambitious goals to scale our technology worldwide to enable more governments and institutions to serve their citizens better. More information is available on irembo.com.
The senior data lead will Oversee the Company's data integration work, including developing a data model, maintaining data stores and analytics environments, and writing code for data integration and analysis.
What will you do:
Develop and implement procedures for effective data management
- Create rules and procedures for data sharing.
- Oversee and manage staff members in the daily use of data systems.
- Guarantee adherence to legal and company regulations.
- Regularly monitor and evaluate information and data systems that could affect analytical results.
- Assess system performance and recommend software, hardware, and data storage improvements.
- Continually develop data management strategies, including all data stores and pipelines.
- Assist with recognizing and upholding digital security systems to protect delicate information.
- Understanding and transforming our data to drive value for both the government and citizens.
- Ensure Data Team continuity by hiring and nurturing talent into the team.
- Develop and refine Company data strategy, including resource planning.
Drive the Technical Process
- Build scalable, highly performant infrastructure for delivering clear business insights from a variety of raw data sources, including those that emp.
- Oversee design, deployment, and maintenance of Irembo datastores and pipelines, including advising developers on database design best practices.
- Oversee daily data stores and pipelines performance monitoring, optimization, and tuning to ensure maximum availability and high performance.
- Oversee proactive data stores and pipelines maintenance, monitoring, indexing, backup, and recovery activities.
- Manage / plan/optimize for the growth of Irembo datastores that include databases, data warehouses, and ETL pipelines.
- You will be expected to be hands-on in maintaining site reliability.
You will be a great fit if:
- Minimum of 5 years of working experience in related SQL / No SQL / ETL Processes.
- Experience with ETL tools and processes (Ex: MapReduce, Hive, Pig, Apache Nifi, Apache Spark / Spark Streaming, Apache Pinot, Ksql, Druid, Airflow).
- Experience with data programming languages like Python, Scala, Java, etc.
- Experience with object storage and ability to orchestrate high-performance data lakes, data warehouses, and data marts.
- Ability to manage RDBMS, NoSQL, and in-memory databases, including scaling and data modeling in these environments.
- You are comfortable backing up, restoring, indexing, tuning, and monitoring of performance as well as approving, rejecting, or advising on schema changes of database systems.
- Experience with programming and organizing software engineering projects.
- You have strong communication skills.
- An analytical mindset with superb communication and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to translate complex problems clearly and in nontechnical terms.
- You are humble and eager to learn from mistakes, and you always share your hard-won lessons.
- Ability to translate business requirements into tech solutions.
- Ability to nurture and build a reliable team.
- Ability to collaborate with other team members and foster the same.
- You have a working knowledge of Kubernetes and experience with DevOps and CI/CD processes.
Benefits and compensation:
- Medical Insurance cover for you and your family (spouse and children)
- Monthly communication allowance (MTN or Airtel)
- Lunch, snacks, and coffee at work
- Home Internet
- Annual gym membership
- Interest-free salary advances
- Annual paid leave - 21 days
- Annual Performance Bonus
- Project and Spot bonuses where applicable
- Flexible working hours
- Home office set-up allowance
- RSSB Contribution
- A new laptop for work
- A great working environment with growth & learning opportunities and a young, diverse & creative team!
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. We're on a mission to change our continent through technology and are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds, nationalities, and walks of life.
Our head office is based in Kigali, Rwanda.