Irembo is a technology company that designs and develops digital products to ease the accessibility of services in users’ everyday lives worldwide, starting with Rwanda. Our pioneer product, IremboGov, has enabled Rwandan citizens and foreigners to access over 100 public services online through a one-stop-shop platform. To date, we have made over 20M+ transactions through our platforms. We have ambitious goals to scale our technology worldwide to enable more governments and institutions to serve their citizens better. More information is available on irembo.com.
About you and the role
We are looking for a seasonal Talent Acquisition professional with a strong understanding of the tech ecosystem and the talent landscape in Rwanda. This person is excited about recruiting the best talents using up-to-date tech tools, taking into consideration best practices, and is a superstar at active sourcing. Irembo is a fast-growing technology company in Rwanda that is on a mission to revolutionize the way service delivery is offered today, and for this, Irembo needs brilliant and innovative talent to make this vision come true.
The Talent Acquisition Manager leads the efforts of sourcing, recruiting, and hiring for our tech roles under our Engineering and Product departments. You will be responsible for developing a hiring strategy for hiring the best talents and ensuring a top-notch candidate experience. You are also responsible for designing scaled and high-touch recruiting campaigns that attract and retain the best talent.
The ideal candidate has a creative and strategic mindset and is passionate about working on cutting-edge talent acquisition approaches. Someone who thrives in environments that are fast-paced and result driven and enjoys juggling multiple needs and challenges. You will become a trusted advisor to our Engineering and Product teams. In this role, you’ll partner and collaborate closely with various teams, Hiring Managers, and Business Partners to be able to attract the right talent.
What you will you do:
- Coordinate with the Engineering and Product leaders, as well as business partners to forecast department goals and hiring needs.
- Conduct job and task audits to identify gaps and document job needs.
- Develop job requirements for technical roles in Engineering and Product development.
- Source candidates on niche platforms, like LinkedIn, Stack Overflow, Github, Greenhouse etc
- Evaluate skills and qualifications of technical resumes
- Conduct shortlisting and pre-screening calls to analyze applicants’ abilities
- Interview candidates combining various methods such as structured interviews, technical assessments, and behavioral questions
- Craft and send personalized recruiting emails with current job openings to passive candidates
- Participate in tech conferences and meetups to network with tech professionals
- Align with hiring managers and compose job offer letters
- Promote the company’s reputation as a great place to work through different forums and using social media
- Keep up-to-date with new technological trends and products that support efficient talent acquisition
- Develop hiring processes and frameworks that support Irembo in hiring great talent
You will be a good fit if you:
- Have 3-5 of experience in a Talent Acquisition role
- Have Experience recruiting for technology companies
- Have a basic understanding of the skills and qualifications needed to screen technical resumes
- Have proven experience leading and managing end-to-end hiring for a technology company
- Have a global tech recruiting approach with the use of technology and the best hiring strategies
- Have experience building and maintaining strong relationships with candidates
- Can act as a trusted advisor and partner to hiring managers and business partners
- Are detail-oriented
- Have the ability to effectively provide accurate information to candidates and stakeholders.
- Have the ability to prioritize and balance multiple hiring priorities and conflicting demands
- Have an excellent command of English and Kinyarwanda (verbal and written) is a must, and working knowledge of French is an advantage.
- Have are a great communicator and serial planner
Benefits and Compensation:
Employee savings plan:
- A voluntary saving scheme plan where the company matches your savings up to 5% of your Net salary.
Mental health support:
- Access to mental health support and therapy sessions with licensed therapists through a renowned mental wellness platform.
- Medical cover for you and your family that includes access to dental care, ophthalmology services, maternity, chronic diseases, congenital malformation, and more in Rwanda, Uganda, Kenya, and India. Note that, as required by the law, a 10% co-pay is required from the employee on outpatient services only.
Learning and development (L&D):
- We encourage self-driven professionals who want to learn and grow their knowledge and experience. A budget is allocated to you to access your professional development opportunities.
- Annual fitness membership at pre-selected good-quality facilities across Kigali.
- Breakfast, lunch, and beverages (tea, coffee) at work
- Interest-free salary advances
- Annual paid leave - 21 days
- Annual performance bonus based on performance and company profitability
- 13th cheque equal to your net salary paid in December based on the joining period
- Hybrid work Policy and flexible hours
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. We're on a mission to change our continent through technology and are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds, nationalities, and walks of life.
Our head office is based in Kigali, Rwanda.