Irembo is a technology company that designs and develops digital products to ease the accessibility of services in users’ everyday lives worldwide, starting with Rwanda. Our pioneer product, IremboGov, has enabled Rwandan citizens and foreigners to access over 100 public services online through a one-stop-shop platform. To date, we have made over 20M+ transactions through our platforms. We have ambitious goals to scale our technology worldwide to enable more governments and institutions to serve their citizens better. More information is available on irembo.com.
What you will do:
- Architect, develop, test, deploy Irembo infrastructure tools.
- You will develop effective communication channels between various teams - technical and non-technical.
- You will be expected to collaborate with the engineering team to write, review and sign off on design reviews.
- Responsible for code reviews as well as providing mentorship.
- Evaluate and conduct interviews for candidates in our hiring pipeline.
What you’ll bring to the team
- Strong opinions on production support (infrastructure and service operation) for large scale deployment
- You are humble and eager to learn from mistakes and you always share your hard-won lessons.
- You independently seek to learn new technologies.
- You have over 5 years of experience with at least 2 of them working in a tech leadership role.
- Experience working on highly available, fault-tolerant distributed systems.
- You are comfortable maintaining database systems (PostgreSQL, MySQL, MS SQL)
- Expertise in shell scripting and at least one scripting language
- You have proven strong leadership and team coordination skills and have displayed a high level of innovativeness in dealing with challenges.
- Expertise in:
- *NIX based OS, core networking services and protocols, and web application security best practices
- Building and supporting container-based infrastructure, specifically Docker
- Source control and continuous delivery tools, specifically BitBucket and TeamCity
Benefits and compensation:
- Medical Insurance cover for you and your family (spouse and children)
- Monthly communication allowance (MTN or Airtel)
- Lunch, snacks, and coffee at work
- Home Internet
- Annual gym membership
- Interest-free salary advances
- Annual paid leave - 21 days
- Annual Performance Bonus
- Project and Spot bonuses where applicable
- Flexible working hours
- RSSB Contribution
- A new laptop for work
- A great working environment with growth & learning opportunities and a young, diverse & creative team!
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. We're on a mission to change our continent through technology and are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds, nationalities, and walks of life.
Our head office is based in Kigali, Rwanda.