Journee reconnects people in the virtual realm, offering a groundbreaking solution for people to come together virtually and enjoy the most high-end 3D interactive experience in the metaverse.
We are scaling fast while working with top global brands (global players as Vogue Business, WWF, BMW, H&M, Siemens, DEPT, McCann, Adidas, Conde Nast, to mention a few), and are looking for those ready to join the adventure.
We are looking for a Core Game Engineer to join us in building the future of cloud streaming. Our tech stack consists primarily of TypeScript, React, AWS, Infrastructure as Code, WebRTC, C, C++, C# and Unreal Engine. We are looking for a reliable person, who would enjoy growing rapidly with our easy-going and high-performing tech team. This team is remote-first and works 4 or 5 days per week within +/-2 hours of CET.
What you'll be doing:
- Working with project managers, creatives, and engineers to implement Unreal-based features and support those features through tooling
- Researching and implementing solutions related to problem spaces such as world persistence, high multi-player concurrency, increased interactivity
- Profile, optimise and debug existing systems and projects
- Using our Unreal Plugin architecture to deliver features to production teams
Who we are looking for:
- Experience with C++, Unreal Engine, Networking in games
- Previous experience with shipping a game or equivalent experience
- Nice to have: experience with WebRTC and video encoding
- Ultimately, your skill is most important – show us your portfolio!
Why work with us:
- Remote-first company with offices in Berlin, Cape Town, Dubai and New York
- Flexibility to work in Berlin or remotely in a similar time zone (CET/ CEST +/- 2 hours)
- Exciting career growth opportunities in a startup environment working on cutting edge projects with top global brands
- Become part of our mission to reconnect human & brands in virtual spaces
- Regular connecting team off-sites and team dinner events
- We have strong values in place: high performance, transparency, open communication, adaptability & always learning
Journee is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone is treated with dignity, respect, and fairness. We value diversity in all its forms, including but not limited to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, disability, and veteran status. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace leads to better business outcomes, stronger relationships with our customers and partners, and a more fulfilling work experience for our employees.