We are Journee! We are the leading enterprise platform for immersive online experiences. We connect people in the virtual realm, offering a groundbreaking solution for them to come together virtually and enjoy the most high-end 3D interactive experience in the immersive digital environments. We are independently owned, founded in 2020 and strive to create a world in which the internet is a beautiful, inclusive, and empowering space for all.
We are scaling fast and simply love bold and fearless ideas that connect and create real change for our clients’ business. We are recognized for our work amongst others in The Webby Awards and Clio Awards and are trusted by top global enterprises and iconic brands such as Vogue Business, WWF, BMW, H&M, Siemens, DEPT, McCann, Adidas, Conde Nast, and this is just to mention a few.
We are looking for a WebRTC Engineer to join us in building the future of cloud streaming. Our tech stack consists primarily of TypeScript, React, AWS, Infrastructure as Code, WebRTC, C, C++, C# and Unreal Engine. We are looking for a reliable person, who would enjoy growing rapidly with our easy-going and high-performing tech team. This team is remote-first and works 4 or 5 days per week within +/-2 hours of CET.
What you'll be doing:
- Improve and debug our WebRTC tech stack, allowing more users to experience our product while offering better quality
- Review our in-house WebRTC streamer and suggest improvements
- Evaluate and implement different video encodings
- Write unit and e2e tests with a focus on video quality testing
- Integrate and improve existing hardware encoder integrations
- Consult other engineers on our voice chat features
Who we are looking for:
- Experience with C, C++, and C# and TypeScript
- Highly proficient in WebRTC technologies (TURN, STUN, ICE, and audio/video codecs) with 3+ years of experience working directly on custom WebRTC stacks
- Experience with Video encoding (VP9 / H.264)
- Nice to have: Experience with network protocols (HTTP, TCP/UDP, Websockets), TypeScript, Unreal Engine
Why work with us:
- Remote-first company with offices in Berlin, Cape Town, Dubai and New York
- Flexibility to work in Berlin or remotely in a similar time zone (CET/ CEST +/- 2 hours)
- Exciting career growth opportunities in a startup environment working on cutting edge projects with top global brands
- Become part of our mission to reconnect human & brands in virtual spaces
- Regular connecting team off-sites and team dinner events
- We have strong values in place: high performance, transparency, open communication, adaptability & always learning
Journee is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone is treated with dignity, respect, and fairness. We value diversity in all its forms, including but not limited to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, disability, and veteran status. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace leads to better business outcomes, stronger relationships with our customers and partners, and a more fulfilling work experience for our employees.