Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
The job we offer: Regional Performance Manager
The Performance Manager is in charge of making Jumia grow by working mostly on the topline aspect of the P&L.
As part of his job, the Performance Manager will have to show a great understanding of ecommerce and the marketplace, developing existing and new categories, ensuring by this a road to significant growth for Jumia.
The Performance Manager will be interacting mostly with Director-Levels at Jumia, at holding level, group level and country level. It will definitely be a key success factor for him to engage the senior leadership team into what he identified as the next levers of growth.
As our profitability also relies on our bottom-line, the Performance Manager will be strongly committed with all commercial directors to ensure our new initiatives do not negatively impact the bottom line.
Based on his expertise, the Performance Manager will also be the owner of most inventory decisions as well as the assortment strategy of the group.
Your position as Performance Manager entails:
- Monitoring all countries’ performance vs Business plan with a strong focus on Topline and volume growth.
- Analyzing all countries' performance and preparing improvement points for Group CCO’s interaction with countries CCOs and group CEO.
- Owning the Assortment strategy for the Group for all key categories.
- Developing and steering the category analyst function across all countries (20+ people).
- Owning inventory decision for Retail (Purchase Orders) and Marketplace (Consignment Orders).
- Steering the performance of JBPs (Jumia Business Partners) across the group.
- Implementing BI and tools across the entire commercial organization.
- NMV vs BP
- Orders vs BP
- Assortment vs target
- Share of NMV from Outright < 60 days of age.
A successful candidate will fulfil the following requirements:
- Ecommerce driven
- Very structured
- Very analytical
- Very organized
- Strong ability to convince and drive local top management on group decisions
- Great inter-personal skills
- Resistant to stress
- Finding simple solutions to complex problems
Expected background and technical skills:
- 3+ years experience in consulting (BCG, Bain, McKinsey), 3+ years experience in ecommerce (Amazon, Alibaba, etc.), 3+ years in top banks
- Top 1% Business / Engineering Schools and Universities
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African ecommerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders