Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms among others, comprises of:
- Marketplace, where we integrate with our sellers and manage products;
- Mall, which is our core e-com platform that enables customers to buy products;
- Logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our external clients;
- Payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in our markets.
Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating a sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs and skills, and empowering a new generation.
What you will be doing:
- You will be part of an agile team that develops e-commerce, smart logistics, and payment solutions
- Your work will integrate a service oriented architecture using state- of-the-art technologies and software development practices; You will own your services and be responsible end-to-end
- You will take ownership for your code to be qualitatively high and you will support your colleagues in code reviews
- You will change the Internet landscape in Africa and the World one line of code at a time
What we are looking for:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience
- Experienced with Object Oriented Programming (OOP)
- Experience with development in Java (and ideally Spring Boot framework)
- Acquainted with building testable code, unit tests and/or integration tests
- Knowledgeable of software design and architecture patterns
- Knowledgeable of SQL and relational databases
- Fluent in English
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African e-commerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer term objective is to train the next generation of leaders