Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
Jumia in Porto
At Jumia Porto Tech Center we boast over 16 different nationalities. We have around 350 employees from several business areas, from IT, to Finance, to HR. The IT team represents 75% of it, so as you can see we are a major tech company, and as a Tech company, we share an innovative spirit. At Jumia PTC you will work under the most updated technologies and work methodologies. We are great fans of Agile philosophy and we aim to keep things simple but smart. Also, for Jumia, technology relates with improvement for our world. We see technology as something we need to put purpose into. Our mission is to leverage technology to improve everyday life in Africa and we do it by delivering convenient and affordable online services to consumers, helping them fulfill basic everyday needs. And while we’re present in Africa, we get to take African economy online, helping small and large businesses grow and reach new consumers. This is what drives our day to day decisions.
We are looking for great people to join our amazing teams and celebrate our achievements. At Jumia we work hard, but we do Tech With Purpose!
What you will be doing
- Be part of an agile team of DevOps and Site Reliability Engineers working directly with Sysadmins, using state-of-art tech technologies to build and monitor systems, applications, and services
- Work with our development team to build Continuous Integration & Delivery pipeline improving the fill delivery pipeline to get a faster time to market, a lower failure rate of new releases and shorten the lead time between fixes
- Develop tools to automate: product build and delivery, maintenance & operations tasks, quality standards testing
- Support and influence our product development teams to use the Continuous Delivery infrastructure and DevOps Methodology
- Work with Product Development and Infrastructure Systems to design and implement solutions and resolve issues
- Help build reliable, high-performance, auto-scaled and fault-tolerant software throw standards as well as testing, load testing and stress testing
What we are looking for
- Must have experience/knowledge in Linux environments
- Experience/Knowledge with configuration management tools
- Monitor tools
- Shell and Python scripting
- Skilled with tools such as Jenkins
- Knowledge of DevOps Methodology
- Experience/Knowledge with CI/CD
- Experience with or interest in virtual/containers environments (e.g. Docker)
- Fluent in English
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African ecommerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders