Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
Jumia in Porto
At Jumia Porto Tech Center we boast over 16 different nationalities. We have around 350 employees from several business areas, from IT, to Finance, to HR. The IT team represents 75% of it, so as you can see we are a major tech company, and as a Tech company, we share an innovative spirit. At Jumia PTC you will work under the most updated technologies and work methodologies. We are great fans of Agile philosophy and we aim to keep things simple but smart. Also, for Jumia, technology relates with improvement for our world. We see technology as something we need to put purpose into. Our mission is to leverage technology to improve everyday life in Africa and we do it by delivering convenient and affordable online services to consumers, helping them fulfill basic everyday needs. And while we’re present in Africa, we get to take African economy online, helping small and large businesses grow and reach new consumers. This is what drives our day to day decisions.
We are looking for great people to join our amazing teams and celebrate our achievements. At Jumia we work hard, but we do Tech With Purpose!
Service Control Specialists are responsible for implementing best practice to enable the successful introduction of the required controls and compliance requirements in an incremental manner. Through this, the successful candidates will lead in executing improvements in business agility and will influence and evangelise the continuous improvement mindset and to meet the ongoing compliance requirements.
A key focus will be ensuring that SOX IT Compliance is achieved across teams and functional groups, whilst keeping key stakeholders fully up-to-date on status (including facilitating impediment resolution and managing risks).
The selected candidate will be part of a team based in Porto and will work in a high-tech learning environment with colleagues across all Jumia locations.
What you will be doing
- Drives the continual improvement of processes and procedures by analyzing process performance data and measures, comparing process performance against performance targets, reporting process performance information, and recommending changes to processes, performance measures and/or targets to maximize process performance
- Identifies and utilizes effective benchmarks to provide references against which process performance can be effectively measured and evaluated
- Evaluates processes to identify desired outcomes and process performance drivers
- Performs detailed analysis of processes and identifies key measures of process performance for baselining and attainment of desired outcomes
- Develops and documents Continuous Improvement processes and procedures
- Provides support and guidance to the technical teams as they implement controls policies
- Maintain standard operating procedures and job aids ensuring they are current and easily accessible
What we are looking for
- Degree in a computer-related subject or similar
- Enthusiastic and with a collaborative attitude
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge in: Microsoft Tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Windows Operating System)
- A hands-on mentality and a structured way of working
- Collaborative approach and adapt at building effective business relationships
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Excellent written/oral communication skills for reports and presentations
- Diplomatic ability to influence others at all levels of the business
- Strong and demonstrated ability to build lasting relationships with key stakeholders
- Ability to competently mediate disagreements and negotiate agreeable resolutions
- Fluency in English
- Knowledge of ITIL framework and processes
- Knowledge in SOX/ISO27001/ISO20000/NIST/PCI-DSS/COBIT/MITRE
- Previous experience of SOX IT compliance requirements in a high-growth digital company, operating a delivery model
- Proven track record for planning and executing SOX compliance programmes, including:
- Sarbanes Oxley S404
- IT General Controls
- Risk Management
- Experience of understanding the scoping requirements and outcomes of SOC reports
- Knowledge of risk management and the three lines of defence model
- Expert proficiency in performing risk assessments and defining mitigation
- Proven ability to influence teams and instil an agile mindset
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African ecommerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders