Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
Jumia in Porto
At Jumia Porto Tech Center we boast over 16 different nationalities. We have around 350 employees from several business areas, from IT, to Finance, to HR. The IT team represents 75% of it, so as you can see we are a major tech company, and as a Tech company, we share an innovative spirit. At Jumia PTC you will work under the most updated technologies and work methodologies. We are great fans of Agile philosophy and we aim to keep things simple but smart. Also, for Jumia, technology relates with improvement for our world. We see technology as something we need to put purpose into. Our mission is to leverage technology to improve everyday life in Africa and we do it by delivering convenient and affordable online services to consumers, helping them fulfill basic everyday needs. And while we’re present in Africa, we get to take African economy online, helping small and large businesses grow and reach new consumers. This is what drives our day to day decisions.
We are looking for great people to join our amazing teams and celebrate our achievements. At Jumia we work hard, but we do Tech With Purpose! If you are searching for a position as a Technical Agile Coach or an Agile Coach, say no more. This is the place to be. Check out below!
What you will be doing
- Identify the main blockers preventing teams to perform better and propose solutions to overcome them rather than blindly applying an Agile framework
- Interact with, coach and mentor different teams and roles including developers, testers, product owners, business stakeholders and engineering managers
- Coach teams and individuals by installing a mindset of continuous improvement where change is embraced and seen as an opportunity rather than an obstacle
- Teach teams on how to cooperate and, possibly, collaborate effectively and autonomously
- Contribute to build a safe environment where experimentation is welcome
- Use your Agile experience to mentor teams on Agile approaches such as BDD, TDD, Refactoring, CI/CD, Pair Programming, User Stories and Simple Design, and how to effectively use Agile business/team facing practices such as roadmap planning, iteration planning, User Stories and Retrospectives
- Build company-wide solutions and frameworks that can be used as mentorship/training tools and installed into team's processes (tooling, CI/CD, test automation, BDD)
- Find a group of humble and smart people ready to make you grow and to grow with you
- Change the Internet landscape in Africa and the world
What we are looking for
- A passion for Agile software development, high-performance software delivery
- 8+ years of experience with Agile and main Agile frameworks (XP, Scrum)
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer (only required for Technical Agile Coach)
- A desire to empower people and invest on their growth
- The ability to motivate, create empathy and influence for change
- The ability to identify team's main blockers for improvements
- Good communication, coaching and mentoring skills
- Experience in batch reduction techniques so that you can teach teams how to work and deliver small for faster feedback (CI/CD, small stories, MVP)
- Experience designing software so that the cost of change is kept as low as possible
- Experience in test automation (unit, integration and acceptance tests)
- Full professional English proficiency
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African ecommerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders