Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
Jumia in Porto
At Jumia Porto Tech Center we boast over 16 different nationalities. We have around 350 employees from several business areas, from IT, to Finance, to HR. The IT team represents 75% of it, so as you can see we are a major tech company, and as a Tech company, we share an innovative spirit. At Jumia PTC you will work under the most updated technologies and work methodologies. We are great fans of Agile philosophy and we aim to keep things simple but smart. Also, for Jumia, technology relates with improvement for our world. We see technology as something we need to put purpose into. Our mission is to leverage technology to improve everyday life in Africa and we do it by delivering convenient and affordable online services to consumers, helping them fulfill basic everyday needs. And while we’re present in Africa, we get to take African economy online, helping small and large businesses grow and reach new consumers. This is what drives our day to day decisions.
We are looking for great people to join our amazing teams and celebrate our achievements. At Jumia we work hard, but we do Tech With Purpose! At Jumia, we are always looking for new talent! Not only iOS Developers but also Android Developers: if Mobile is your DNA, then this is the place to be.
Check out below!
What you will be doing
- Development of native mobile applications driving a mobile first company strategy, writing top-notch code (Swift or Kotlin) and resort to battle hardened design patterns
- Autonomy interpreting business/technical requirements, designing, implementing and testing high-quality and scalable solutions
- Be fully aware of the Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
- Work in a development environment with a modular codebase, peer reviews and pull requests workflow with proper source control process, with disciplined and structured branching model, and documentation
- Constant aim for quality, scalability, performance, and architecture keeping good practices, security, and compliance in check
- Be part of a challenging, attractive, fast and agile development process
- Contribute actively and proactively to optimize applications, processes, and methodologies
- Be wilful to help peers, being part of a collaborative environment for development, testing, and automation tasks
What we are looking for
- Experience in developing native mobile applications
- Strong knowledge of programming language (Swift or Kotlin)
- Knowledge and experience with modern patterns for mobile such as MVP and MVVM
- Familiar and experienced in mobile guidelines and components
- Knowledge and experienced with Automated tests framework or Room database
- Experienced with version control, automate development and release process: Git, Jenkins and Fastlane
- Familiar with memory management, UI layout/ rendering and UI or Network performance
- Experienced and familiar with REST API architecture
- Familiar with SCRUM methodology
- Familiar with 3rd Party Tools as, Analytics, Crash Reports and Notifications, A/B Tests and Deep Links
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African ecommerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders