Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
What We Look for:
We are looking for an SEO Copywriter to join our SEO team to enrich our websites with new optimized SEO content and marketing copies.
The Web Content Writer's responsibilities include conducting thorough research on industry-related topics, writing in-depth product descriptions, and proofreading before publication. If you’re familiar with producing online content and have an eye for detail, we’d like to meet you.
Feel free to share samples of your work or portfolio of your published articles, along with your application.
Ultimately, you’ll deliver quality writing pieces that appeal to our audiences, attract customers, boost brand awareness and generate sales.
- Write in-depth product, brand, and category page descriptions with the perfect blend of creative and technical writing skills to promote our products.
- Research and compile informative product buying guides to influence purchasing decisions.
- Conduct keyword research and use SEO guidelines to increase web traffic and conversions.
- Manage an ongoing task list of buying guides, special projects, and several hundred product descriptions per week.
- Participate in team meetings and product training and regularly correspond with internal departments to complete projects.
- Edit product descriptions, buying guides, and supportive text throughout our e-commerce platforms
- Ensure all-around consistency (style, fonts, images, and tone).
- Update website content as needed.
- Write optimized Ad copies for mainly Google products using the best practices.
- Proven work experience as a Content Writer, Copywriter, or similar role.
- Portfolio of published articles.
- Experience doing research using multiple sources.
- Familiarity with web publications.
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English and Arabic are a MUST.
- Hands-on experience with Content Management Systems.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- BSc in Marketing, English, Journalism, or related field.
- Preferred to have experience in eCommerce.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African ecommerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders