Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
- Managing day to day operations
- Challenging established processes and implementing new processes to adapt to the fast growth of Jumia Services clients
- Finding creative and innovative ways to offer a better customer experience
- Fully understanding our information system and working with our IT team to roll our new developments
- Working closely with the Jumia Services central team to share and implement global best practices
- Managing relationships with clients and partners (Third party logistics partners, pickup stations, etc)
- Responsible of the logistics P&L
- Responsible to meet the Global logistics targets and KPIs including quality of customer experience.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- A completed Master’s Degree from an accredited university; Degree in Engineering, Operations or MBA preferred
- 2+ years direct management experience, preferably in a manufacturing, production or distribution environment with a strong focus on logistics or alternatively consulting / banking.
- Ability to lead large teams
- Experience with process design and improvement
- Experience with the full staffing lifecycle, including interviewing, hiring, performance management, promotions and terminations
- Strong analytical skills
- Pro-active attitude, entrepreneur, able to work both independently and within a team
- Hardworking, result-oriented, methodical and very structured
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African ecommerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders