Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
Inbound Process and Team management
- Compliance management in line with inbound volume projection and schedule
- Liaise with appropriate departments (commercial team, vendor management team, and finance department) on prioritization and reconciliation of items be inbounded.
- Ensure quality checks and enforce proper packaging guidelines on all items to be inbounded
Inventory Process and Team Management
- Performance management – ensuring out of stock is within monthly target, regular cycle count is carried out and reported.
- Continuous storage capacity assessment and management.
- Improve picking efficiency by enforcing standardization of SKUs storage
- Ensure all items from inbound, order processing and aftersales are put-away into location within defined SLAs
- Organize quarterly cycle count with finance and external auditors
- Organize offline sales for defective and defective damaged items
- Advise commercial team on aged and slow-moving SKUs to be discounted and sold online
Outbound Process and Team Management
- Monitor and analyze current inventory for each dark store based on key inventory management KPIs
- Ensure buying team raises PO’s and sends to suppliers on time with right quantities
- Ensuring there is steady flow of stock between our main warehouse and each dark store
- Developing monthly campaigns with KAMs to drive engagement and orders at DKSs
- Anticipating the needed inventory based on sales history, seasons and upcoming campaigns
- Continuously find innovative ways to reduce cost across all warehouse operations
- Reduction of loss due to theft and damaged items
- Improve efficient usage of work tools and materials handling
Team and Process Management
- Capacity planning, team allocation and monitoring of tasks and duties
- Performance management including appraisals and team coaching
- Regular 5S audits/spot checks to ensure the quality of process and provide clear and visible feedback on findings
- Continuous process improvement be driven by suggestions on systems improvements
- Escalate issues to senior management within an appropriate time frame and provide head of fulfilment with the end of day/shift handover information
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Familiarity with working in a culturally diverse environment
- Excellent People, Problem-solving, Negotiation, Time management and Coordination skills.
- Self-Driven and great independent follow-through Ability
- Strong entrepreneurial skills, leadership, and drive
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum of 5 years FMCG, or warehouse management experience
- Ability to negotiate and communicate in flawless English,
- Demonstrated competency in data reporting and analysis
- Experience or high level of comfort in logistics operations
- Bachelors. Degree (Business Administration, Logistics- supply chain, Economics, Engineering)
- Advanced Excel to create macros, pivot tables, VLOOKUPS, analytical capabilities and work books.
- Relevant professional certification in Logistics or supply chain management will be an added advantage
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African ecommerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders