Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
- Handling relationships with new and current brands
- Prepare and carry out weekly/monthly routines with the brand’s stakeholder
- Elaborate with different brands a joint business plan (JBP)
- Negotiate different terms of the JBP and maximize the value for both Jumia and the brand
- Steer the JBP with local/ regional brand’s team
- Coordinate with the JUMIA head of advertising to roll out the different campaigns such as black Friday, JUMIA anniversary …
- Create specific events for the brand and align on brand calendar for new products launch and exclusive JUMIA products
- Acquire and onboard new brands
- Handle day to day prices and assortment and event special prices and assortment
- Monitor stock levels and planning the purchasing policy well in advance
- Have an accurate knowledge of competition and the market : who they are, what prices they have and their products
- Produce reports for internal/ external stakeholder
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Purchasing and buying experience
- Strong management and inter-personal skills
- Exceptional commercial skill
- Ability to anticipate, structure and organize
- Very detail oriented
- 3 years and above work experience in a similar capacity.
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent English level
- Knowledge of Suppliers of category products is an added advantage
- Exceptional analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Proactive, entrepreneurial and has proven ability to deliver exceptional results.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African ecommerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders