Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
The Manager of Performance Marketing is responsible for driving performance through acquisition, engagement and increased retention, by managing digital marketing channels such as Paid Online Marketing (FB, GDN, SEM), CRM (PN, news feed, emails, SMS), SEO, as well as optimizing the investment allocation of digital acquisition and retention budget (vouchers, cashbacks, top-ups).
- Plan and manage digital acquisition and retention budget, and optimize its allocation across levers providing highest ROI (lowest CAC, highest volumes, lowest incremental CPO)
- Lead consumers acquisition initiatives through performance channels (POM, SEO, PN) by investing and optimizing digital acquisition budget (POM)
- Design and implement engagement and re-activation strategies through performance channels (Paid OM, CRM), segmenting consumers based on their behavior and lifecycle
- Test, optimize (based on ROI i.e., CPO returning customers) and analyze retentions tools such as vouchers, top-ups, cashbacks, to grow CLV
- Analyze and monitor the user behavior to come up with better value propositions for customers driving up the overall LTV and retention rate
- Build bottom-up monthly planning at granular level, to define monthly/weekly/daily KPI targets such as traffic, CVR, orders, GMV, NC, pageview by category.
- Work closely with commercial team in providing them with customer insights and ensuring the highest relevance of “push content” (categories, products, price points), and with head of engagement to prepare and execute campaigns
- Top-tier Engineering school, or top-tier Business school with clear analytical profile (prior experience in tech/finance a plus)
- 8+ years experience scaling performance, growth, or user acquisition marketing focused on consumer products or Telco consumer segments
- 2+ years managing and growing teams
Skills and competences
- Excellent communication skills in English, and willingness to be immersed in a very international and entrepreneurial environment
- Sharp, analytical mind and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Data analytics project and experience are a must, knowledge of the basic optimization algorithms
- Level-headed and can express ideas in a clear and impactful manner
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African ecommerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders