Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
About the role
The Jumia Advertising Sponsored Products Manager will be responsible for growing revenue & pitching advertising services for existing and new vendors, focusing on the Mid & Longtail sellers.
- End-to-end responsibility for the various monetization solutions offered to Mid- and Long Tail vendors. Pitching the full portfolio of Jumia Advertising to vendors (mainly Sponsored Product and Native Display)
- Vendor Acquisition: Contact new vendors, educate them about solutions and benefits of the tools and Advertising channels offered
- Vendor Relationship Management: Operate as the lead point of contact for all matters specific to your client portfolio, including escalation and troubleshooting to resolve issues
- Campaign Optimization: Responsible for driving campaign KPIs through day to day campaign optimization and regular alignment with both ad ops and client campaign KPIs
- Growth: Grow the client/vendor base, spend per client as well as return rate through relationship management and delivering positive return on advertising spend for the client/vendor
- Planning of Jumia Advertising campaigns for clients incl. strategy, negotiations & execution
- Liaising with cross-functional teams
- Communicate clearly the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal and external stakeholders, including the ability to synthesize feedback and adjust plans accordingly
- Gather clients and partner feedback to enhance Jumia Advertising Performance and the customer experience
- Identify and leverage trends within industry of expertise/focus and spot opportunities to grow the business
- Customer-centric attitude at all times
- Comfortable in sales (in person, telesales) and cold calling
- Passionate about online advertising, marketing, data, analytics, and technology
- Strong critical thinking, analytical skills with an entrepreneurial and proactive mind-set
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks and manage time, even under high-demand
- Experience or skill in managing a small team of sales agents
- Great attention to details
- Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills (written, spoken, listening)
- Ability to communicate effectively with Partners and Management
- Action and results-driven
- Well-organized / structured
- Positive attitude and can-do spirit
- Pro-active and sense of responsibility
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African ecommerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders