Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
You’ll be responsible for developing the marketing strategy and delivering campaigns that drive engagement and growth across multiple categories on the JumiaPay app. Reporting to the Head of Marketing you will work with a cross functional/country team from marketing, operations and product. Working closely with Country operations teams to steer category growth.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and execute a successful marketing strategy based on dynamic and ambitious business objectives across a wide range of categories.
- Work with a cross functional team of passionate marketing, operations and product professionals.
- Craft the monthly and annual regional marketing plan for various categories on JumiaPay.
- Develop and lead category growth strategy (paid and organic) partnering with the operations, product, and country marketing teams
- Work with Jumees and agency teams to deliver effective creative campaigns that drive customer growth and deepen engagement with the platform
- Partner with the product team to manage and optimize product marketing across the entire customer lifecycle.
- Partner with the country business teams to develop actionable insights based on consumer behavior and translate them into marketing initiatives that improve ROI and increase value for customers
- Develop and lead marketing experiments across all stages of the funnel to improve conversions
- Partner with the country business teams to evaluate the performance of all marketing and communications activities and report marketing performance to the senior leadership team
- 5+ years of experience with high performing regional marketing teams
- Experience working with a cross functional team of marketing, communications, product and operations in Consumer Tech, Fintech or Telco industries.
- Deep functional knowledge of marketing communications, performance and growth
- Proven success leading paid and organic growth marketing initiatives at scale
- Regional experience working at an international HQ or across different countries/markets.
- Interest in fintech with deep knowledge of digital platforms and curiosity for the current and emerging trends.
- Project management experience at regional scale
- Experience developing, managing and growing content pipelines (in-house and agency)
- Both a left and right-brain thinker with a love of numbers and of creativity; a passionate champion for results-driven big ideas founded in effectiveness and accurate measurement.
- Will have experience working with strong stakeholders and a high degree of competency navigating differences of opinion, including working with leaders of a range of business services.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English and Arabic – a must.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African ecommerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders