Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
- Responsible for managing assortment, inventory and monthly campaigns for multiple dark stores
- Collaborates across teams (buying, brand managers) and departments (Commercial, Marketing, logistics) to actively manage the assortment of our Dark Stores to cover 2K+ products
- Manage commercial operations for dark stores (cat tree, backend systems, etc)
- Monitor and analyze current inventory for each dark store based on key inventory management KPIs
- Ensure buying team raises PO’s and sends to suppliers on time with right quantities
- Ensuring there is steady flow of stock between our main warehouse and each dark store
- Developing monthly campaigns with KAMs to drive engagement and orders at DKSs
- Anticipating the needed inventory based on sales history, seasons and upcoming campaigns
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field (Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Accounting)
- Advanced Excel to create macros, pivot tables, VLOOKUPS, analytical capabilities and work books.
- 5+ years FMCG experience,; ideally in grocery
- Demonstrated competency in data reporting and analysis
- Collaborating across many departments (logistics, procurement, finance, etc.) to rapidly grow a business
- Experience with commercial operations and ability to quickly navigate back-end systems
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Familiarity with working in a culturally diverse environment
- Excellent People, Problem-solving, Negotiation, Time management and Coordination skills.
- Self-Driven and great independent follow-through Ability
- Strong entrepreneurial skills, leadership, and drive
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African ecommerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders