Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
We’re seeking an experienced & a highly skilled SEO leader to implement search engine optimization (SEO) strategies for our Jumia websites, including onsite optimization and keyword expansion research. Your goal will be to improve organic search visibility of our web properties/portals.
The successful candidate will support the overall goal of increasing site traffic and revenue through strategic research, outreach, content creation and execution of SEO campaigns while ensuring each maintains a positive ROI and adherence to quality guidelines by search engines.
The candidate will be reporting to the Group Head of Performance and will be managing a team of SEO analysts and copywriters as direct reports under him/her.
- Design, execute & manage SEO processes, content strategies outreach campaigns
- Develop & maintain enterprise-level SEO guidelines & training
- Communicate with management, teammates & affiliate managers on expectations, project timelines, development and goals/results
- Manage a team of 5-7 SEO Copywriters/Specialists and be accountable for the weekly delivery of their established goals
- Model the way for our SEO Specialists by demonstrating how to implement an established SEO strategy by “rolling up the sleeve” and executing it
- Manage on-page and off-page SEO efforts by optimizing content, overseeing reporting, conducting regular SEO audits to increase organic rankings
- Monitor Google Webmaster Tools to identify site issues, such as crawl errors and html suggestions
- Monitor, track and report on SEO performance and trends
- Research and stay up-to-date on new developments, trends and technologies within the SEO space
Required skills & qualification:
- A creative and strategic problem-solver
- A sophisticated understanding of organic search and content marketing
- Team building, mentoring and people management skills
- Strong experience of scaling up and managing SEO of an ecommerce platform
- A deep familiarity with Google search services and analytical platforms
- Prior experience using SEO analysis/research tools like Majestic, SEM rush, or similar tools
- Web analytics experience with knowledge of analytical tools such as Google Analytics, Power BI & Google Webmaster Tools
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African ecommerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders