Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
Jumia in Porto
At Jumia Porto Tech Center we boast over 16 different nationalities. We have around 350 employees from several business areas, from IT, to Finance, to HR. The IT team represents 75% of it, so as you can see we are a major tech company, and as a Tech company, we share an innovative spirit. At Jumia PTC you will work under the most updated technologies and work methodologies. We are great fans of Agile philosophy and we aim to keep things simple but smart. Also, for Jumia, technology relates with improvement for our world. We see technology as something we need to put purpose into. Our mission is to leverage technology to improve everyday life in Africa and we do it by delivering convenient and affordable online services to consumers, helping them fulfill basic everyday needs. And while we’re present in Africa, we get to take African economy online, helping small and large businesses grow and reach new consumers. This is what drives our day to day decisions.
We are looking for great people to join our amazing teams and celebrate our achievements. At Jumia we work hard, but we do Tech With Purpose!
What you will be doing
- Support the delivery of global security governance and data protection compliance strategies
- Manage and maintain an information security and data protection compliance framework across global entities that can align with the company’s compliance and internal audits requirements
- Develop, manage and maintain effective information security and data protection policies, processes, standards and procedures.
- Lead and support ISO 27001, PCI-DSS, SOX and data protection projects
- Internal first point of contact for general security enquiries. Proactively approach and support internal stakeholders across global entities
- Establish and maintain global security governance and compliance process
- Respond to security and data protection questionnaire from internal/external security audit and organize/document the common answers and approaches for future audits
- Facilitate security risk management within the business units
- Establish and maintain information risk metrics to highlight information assets that have the highest risk exposure. Conduct regular review of remediation actions and report to business and technology senior management
What we are looking for
- Master's degree or higher in information technology, cyber security, data privacy or related field
- 3+ years of experience in a security governance role, with 2+ years of experience in a data protection
- Understanding of Information Risk, security control, data privacy related regulations (e.g. CCPA, SG PDPA, EU GDPR) within the financial services or banking industry
- Strong knowledge and practical working experiences in delivering global projects of international data privacy and information security frameworks including NIST Cybersecurity & Privacy Framework, ISO 27001, ISO 27701, SOX, SOC 2 Type 1/2 Report, PCI-DSS, etc.
- Demonstrable work experience delivering effective business and technical security solutions, processes, tools, and high performing teams
- Good working knowledge of the latest information technology security trends and emerging threats is essential
- Experience in implementing risk management principles and methodologies within a security or technology function
- Good project management experience and skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills are must-have
- Having one of the below security or privacy qualification is a plus - CRISC, CISSP, CCSP, CISM, CISA, ISO 27001 Lead Auditor, IAPP CIPP / CIPM, OSCP, SANS
- Good understanding of cloud infrastructure technologies and associated risks
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African ecommerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders