Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
Sales Manager , JumiaPay
As the sales associate, you play a strategic role in the engagement, acquisition and retention of our customers and partners. You will work closely with our existing and prospective customers & partners, to establish long lasting relationships based on trust & transparency, while delivering value through our products and services.
To succeed in the role, you will need to be self-driven, well-organized, commercially savvy, inspiring communicator, flexible and results driven, ideally with B2B working experience in the financial services industry.
The sales Manager will be reporting to the Head of JumiaPay.
Roles & Responsibilities
The sales associate is:
- Continuously researching new business opportunities and finding new customers & partners.
- “Nurturing” & expanding business with existing customers & partners.
- Leveraging the company reputation and her/his own industry contacts to best effect
Desired Skills & Experience
- Substantial experience, in Business Development, in the financial services industry.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with ability to partner and influence across functions and levels
- Structured approach to Business Development & Sales
- Strong quantitative and analytical problem-solving skills
- “Do-er” in attitude and actions. A self-starter and a fast learner, who isn’t scared to ask questions and doesn’t just accept status quo
- Team player, comfortable working in a fast paced consulting style, unstructured
- Fully bilingual French and English
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African ecommerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders