Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
- Making sure POs are raised and sent to the suppliers in due time with the right quantities.
- Following up on stock received, inbounded.
- Contributing to the automation of our replenishment processes (automatic PO, etc).
- Ensuring there is a steady flow between our main warehouse and our dark stores.
- Anticipating the needed supply based on sales history, seasons and upcoming campaigns.
- Monitoring and analyzing current inventory based on key inventory management KPIs.
- Developing action plans in coordination with the sales team to optimize stocks.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Action oriented and results oriented
- Strong analytical skill
- Strong inter-personal skills: Convince the people and your team that you are making the right decisions
- Fast learner
- Well organized
- Resistant to stress
- Very independent with a strong ability to go further than the expectations
Expected Technical and Personal Skills
- Top Business / Engineering Schools and Universities
- Proficiency in MS Office and Excel (VBA would be a plus)
- Ability to analyse large data sets to make strategic decisions
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African ecommerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders