Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
About the Job
You will have the chance to integrate our amazing IT Support team that is responsible for supporting all our internal users on a daily basis. From laptop maintenance to troubleshooting and email accounts management.
- Responsible for Google Apps platform management;
- Follow up on outstanding IT related requests and ensure resolution within established SLA;
- Manage and monitor internal assets to ensure accurate inventory records;
- Other common IT Helpdesk duties.
What we are looking for:
- Technical Vocational Training in the area of Information Technology (minimum 12th grade);
- Minimum 1 year work experience in computer technical support functions;
- Good technical knowledge in the areas of hardware, operating systems (Windows, Mac and Linux) and Networks TCP / IP;
- Excellent communication skills and taste for contact with the end user;
- Knowledge on Google Apps management platform;
- Good interpersonal skills and taste for teamwork;
- Good analytical ability, organization and planning;
- Outstanding troubleshooting skills
- Fluent in English (mandatory)
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African e-commerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders