Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
As part of the Accounting Control team you will be expected to:
- Perform & Monitor BS reconciliation (AR/AP, Accruals, Fixed assets, etc)
- Compiling and reconcile data from accounting systems
- Detailed analysis and critical assessment of outputs
- Investigate and resolve differences
- Perform a Monthly BS Reviews
- Liaising with local finance teams and controllers to explain the findings and how to solve them;
- Ensure accurate and consistent application of Group accounting policy and IFRS accounting standards
- Assist on Audit requests
- Support local finance teams in ah-doc projects/tasks.
We are looking for someone hands-on, seek to improve/implement new controls and passionate about working in a dynamic and wide environment.
- Background in Management/Finance/Accounting or equivalent training;
- 1-3 years of Accounting Control/Audit Experience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- MS Office proficiency (especially in Excel and any relevant data analysis tool) - Microsoft Dynamics Nav knowledge is a plus;
- Fluent in English both verbal and written / French is a plus;
- Detail-oriented mindset;
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively;
- Passion for making things happen and excited about identifying issues and find solutions to mitigate errors and implement control.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African ecommerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders