Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
About Jumia Egypt Tech Centers
Want to be part of the biggest tech center in Africa and work in mixed teams with over 16 different nationalities? Join Jumia Egypt Tech Centers where tech meets purpose. At Egypt Tech Centers you will be managed by and mentored by top tech leaders in both Portugal and Egypt. You will also be working with state of the art technologies & methodologies, and using agile philosophy, all as means to improve the lives of millions of Africans across the continent by offering them convenient and affordable online solutions. And with that as our PURPOSE, innovation at Jumia NEVER stops and you will be moving from one exciting challenge to the next.
What you will be doing:
- You will develop the product vision, strategy, and roadmap for building the product suite of Jumia in concert with cross-functional peers.
- You will develop the product vision, strategy, and roadmap to extend our current SalesForce Service Cloud product to support our Jumia Customer and Vendor Experience tools.
- You’ll become an authority in your product area. You’ll identify customer needs and business opportunities through a combination of user research, collecting feedback from cross-functional teammates, diving into data, and competitive analysis.
- You’ll work with the Commerical, Marketing, Vendor, Jumia Services, Finance, Internal controllers, Advertising, and Customer Experience team to understand the current use of existing products (e.g. Salesforce …) to define and prioritize the features.
- You’ll own features and experiments end-to-end, including writing product specs, driving cross-functional execution, making thoughtful product decisions along the way, and sharing insights and results throughout the company.
- End to end ownership of the implementation of key projects developed on the roadmap
- Providing vision and direction to the Agile development team and stakeholders throughout the project and create requirements in the forms of Epics, Themes and Stories
- Identifying key success metrics, targets and following up on the evolution of the same until targets are met
- Running PMO for each and every project of the roadmap - identifying key tasks, owners, aligning on timelines and seamless execution with multiple stakeholders (central and local owners)
- Be able to unblock any roadblocks by pursuing tech/product team
- 3-5 year(s) experience working in Jumia with Project management expertise.
- SalesForce Experience would be highly appreciated or another CRM tool
- Understanding of technology and products in Jumia
- Proven ability to define a set of requirements that pinpoint business challenges and identify technical and business changes required to address them
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely across technology and the business teams
- Experience supporting/rolling out initiatives to Jumia teams
- Deep understanding of processes in Jumia / capable of quick learning
Expected personal skills :
- Action oriented and results oriented
- Strong analytical skill
- Strong inter-personal skills
- Fast learner
- Well organized
- Resistant to stress
- Very independent with a strong ability to go further than the expectations
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African ecommerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders