Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
- Financial reporting:
- Ensure accurate posting of all tax related transactions to the general ledger and reconciliation of the respective GL accounts.
- Keenly review all transactions between local and international customers and suppliers to ensure appropriateness and ensure compliance to local tax laws where applicable.
- Preparation of tax planning reports as requested by management.
- Risk management:
- Prepare monthly tax returns for compliance i.e VAT, WHT, NSSF, PAYE, LST.
- Ensure all taxes are filed and paid by the 15th of every month.
- Ensure 100% compliance of Jumia to EFRIS in all aspects of the business.
- Conduct tax awareness sessions for employees where necessary.
- Relationship management:
- Maintain quality and supportive relationships with the tax authorities as well as our tax consultants.
- Prepare documents required and attendance to queries raised by internal and external auditors for monthly, quarterly, and annual statutory audits on tax related matters.
- Payroll reporting & management:
- In charge of payroll as far as preparation and processing in liaison with the HR department is concerned.
- Responsible for posting all payroll related transactions and reconciliation of respective GL accounts.
- Review and ensure proper accounting and accuracy for all payroll lines.
- Any other duties assigned by Chief Finance Officer
Required Skills & Qualifications
- The ideal applicant should hold a bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Commerce or Finance with a strong preference in the disciplines of accounting, tax or the related.
- Full/part qualification in ACCA/CPA would be an added advantage
- Possess 3-5 years’ experience in tax operations and tax accounting/audit. The ideal applicant must have worked in a tax accounting environment and must be familiar with EFRIS
- Excellent computer skills with high proficiency in Microsoft Office especially Microsoft Excel
- Demonstrates the ability to develop strong working relationships with team members, colleagues, and customers as well as suppliers
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork and communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African ecommerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders